I read a few months ago in Expansion professionals over 45 years are among the hardest hit by the economic crisis. It is somewhat curious that this age represents the fullness of leadership, the maturity, experience. Do not have value all that? Yes, Of course it does, but also that age may represent the highest salary level of a professional. And here comes the problem.
What are the alternatives for these professionals?
Companies prefer younger. Budget issue. But questions are emerging What are the alternatives for these professionals? How can exploit its advantages?
- Continue working for the same company that you terminated the contract, but from outside. Starting a business is an appropriate solution to unemployment for this group. While companies cut costs, there are functions that have to keep doing and that now outsource. Because, placed on their own can be an interesting alternative, because for the company to hire these services is cheaper, and professional work in a familiar field and builds on lessons learned.
- Find a new job as an employee. That maybe you should take into account two factors. On the one hand, be willing to lower i perhaps more rigid working conditions remuneration (The crisis forces). On the other, in this estapa is essential leverage to Acquire training in new areas of knowledge. In other words, catch up (Languages, technologies…).
- Becoming an entrepreneur And why not? With 45 years one can support elements that a junior can not offer: A good network, management skills and competence most important, the value of leadership. The only brake that could have here is the willingness to change, but as the crisis forces, the approach could be as simple as "now or never".
Becoming yourself a brand
The option chosen is chosen, our advice will be the same: Working depth personal reputation, reposition, strengthened and, above all, Informing the rest of the world ABOUT US, AS WE ARE, and what we can do for a company, for a society…
At this point is absolutely indispensable tool PERSONAL BRANDING In order to get our offer to the outside world. Today, the possibilities of web 2.0 facilitate the issuance of quick messages to specific groups and economic. The curriculum is outdated, Now our base information on experience and training hangs on LinkedIn or Viadeo, or Xing or Plaxo.
Afraid to jump? Contact, We have skipped a lot. email@example.com
- Personal Branding 2020 trends - 16 November, 2019
- The three digital activity stadiums of our personal brand, which one is yours? - 9 November, 2019
- Personal Branding and LinkedIn: made for each other - 2 November, 2019