It is indisputable that LinkedIn It has established itself as the main network networking world. Launched ago 6 years from Mountain View, California, today has about 70 million professionals. LinkedIn is an average visit 37 minutes per month, and Spain is the 7th country in the ranking with nearly LinkedIn 700.000 users, after the US, India, United Kingdom, Canada, Italy and Germany. Although not the subject of the post, If still you wonder what is and what is LinkedIn, here I hang a training video:
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v = ZVlUwwgOfKw&hl = en_US&fs=1&]
When we analyze the different profiles found on LinkedIn, it is easy to discover facts profiles on the run, no photo, with little contact details, no history of companies in which it has worked, without updating. It is disappointing that many people believe to be “to be” LinkedIn without further. LinkedIn serves to generate active networking, to discover interesting profiles, to offer our services. That's not “to be”, that gigs there a bit and make it clear who we are (professional level), where we are and what we aspire.
We have to imagine that LinkedIn is our website. Update it, take care, explain our projects or you can attract colleagues or customers. Here are some tips on how to make best game:
- Being Being: LinkedIn is an inviting place to be descriptive, is strategic-not tactical, so it's best to avoid short sentences powerpoint style, and try to explain our achievements, our contributions in a clear and descriptive manner.
- introduce ourselves: I have seen many people do not fail the “abstract”, a perfect place to count 4 lines what we have done. Nor is customary to fill paragraph “specialties”, piece keywords to find partners, partners or customers. And the photo. Some believe it is not important. It is. The face is the mirror of the soul.
- How much more, better. Unlike other social networks, en LinkedIn es interesante presumir un poco. No hay que dejarse ningún trabajo anterior por insignificante que parezca. Es posible que un stage hecho en nuestra época de estudiante nos abra las puertas a una oferta.
- We use professional jargon: Knowing the language of each sector is important. There are endless ways to describe what you do, but the sector jargon is clear, concise and understandable. If I want to attract employees in the sector of mouth / ear I'll use the term marketing “Wominomics”, based on the industry “word of mouth”.
- Jobseekers, dilo. Nobody likes to say he is looking for work. But if you are looking for, dilo. Otherwise, nobody will notice you as a candidate “available”. It is perfectly feasible to write under your name “environmental marketing specialist”. That is not fooling anyone, It is a mix of your education with your career. But if you do not currently work at any company, let it clear.
- Do you speak languages? LinkedIn is a global medium, and allows a single page have different profiles depending on the language. A sample: Here's my public profile Spanish, English and Catalan.
- Show your profile more social: LinkedIn is a perfect setting for creating and tracking groups professionals. They come in all colors and for all tastes. Subscribe to groups allows you to receive information about our industry and participate in discussion forums. In addition, creating groups can help generate traffic for our own business, blog…
Here's Part 2: Any tips to survive in Linkedin II
- Personal Branding 2020 trends - 16 November, 2019
- The three digital activity stadiums of our personal brand, which one is yours? - 9 November, 2019
- Personal Branding and LinkedIn: made for each other - 2 November, 2019