It is said that a 80% of job offers is not published. Jobseekers, Is not it better to go for the 80 and forget 20?
Last 3 Aviles May there was a conference organized by extraordinarily personal brand team Training and Employment the city council and Elena Arnaiz. The summary of the event and 6 presentations is described in Articles “Trace in the liquid space“, “The heart of the personal brand: #MPAviles” and the hashtag #MPAviles.
In my speech, in addition to discuss strategic issues and personal positioning message, I suggested to job seekers who think big, in that 80%. Agree, but how do you do?
Do you know of WOM?
Or prescribers our key partners who are? How we can help?
In our business model, one of the most important elements are our key partners, prescribers, those who can help us reach our target audience. Jobseekers, your audience are all professionals who can offer before it on the market en masse.
Your specifiers are different: satisfied customers, contributors, friends, family, fellow students, ex-colleagues, professional associations and generally anyone who meets two requirements:
- Attest that are good professional and your value proposition is powerful
- Meet professionals who may have fresh information on job vacancies
How we can help? Already imagine. Commending before the offer reaches the market.
What would be the protocol to make the WOM is effective?
- Having a good health of our personal brand. That means that when someone searches our name or our specialty good, we find unblemished. Inside and outside the network. Easy? Yes, it is to be a disciplined and consistent fast Flesh Do? Three, six, nine months, one year. It depends on the dedication and whether accounts with a mentor or not.
- Identify prescribers. Create an exhaustive list of people who can help, and make sure they have contact details. I remind you that if someone is direct contact on Linkedin already have your email.
- Announce your intention to find work. But not only that: you have to send them a briefing or summary of what you want and what you think you can add value. To send the CV? for me it's wet paper, something that becomes obsolete in a week, but if you have, better than nothing. It is better to spend Linkedin profile link or bebee (if they are up to date). And even better: clearly explain your value proposition.
- Do not be stingy. Investing a little. Looking for work is an investment, and each depends on whether short or long term. Investing is invite your prescribers coffee, to lunch. Investing is dedicating 8h daily to look for work (including additional training, if you need). Investing is hire a mentor to help you with managing your brand: Diagnosis > self-knowledge > Strategy > Visibility Plan.
- get recommendations. It is a classic, but it works. Before social networks, the recommendations were oral (mouth, ear) the writings. There is a great platform to send and receive recommendations, Guudjob; If you do not know, You're taking. We now also on Linkedin, for example. Validations serve competencies, but above all the recommendations written in the network. I like because nobody would play his reputation by recommending someone who is not worth for the position (I am somewhat idealistic, I know).
- Stop being and start being. Do not be member organizations, I know someone reference in them. Do not be in networks, I know someone offering value, conversation, action. I am a creative person: Dare with videoCV, for example (if properly raised, It is an accelerator).
Useful information if you use the WOM
- According to the study IAB Spain 2017, from 86% of penetration of social networks in Spain, of which a significant portion includes professional networks.
- The networks used are Facebook (91%), Whatsapp (89%), YouTube (71%), Twitter (50%) Instagram is (45%), Spotify (41%), Linkedin (26%), Google+ (26%), Pinterest (19%), Telegram (16%) and Snapchat (7%)
- The professional networks used are Whatsapp (89%), followed by Twitter (50%), Linkedin (26%), Google+ (26%), Pinterest (19%), Telegram (16%), although the latter is the only strictly professional Linkedin, the rest are hybrid.
- As I read in the ‘Report Infoempleo-Adecco Social Networks and Labor Market‘, the 78% of users used social networks 2016 to seek employment. But remember, we talk about 20% employment sees the light.
- According to the same report Adecco, Linkedin and Facebook lead this look with a 66% and 50% respectively. The other networks are far, with a 19% Google+, 16% Twitter, 13% forums, 9% blogs, and 6% Instagram is.
- Adecco indicates that the number of companies that use them as a means to attract talent is a 84%.
- During last year, the 55% professionals surveyed human resources has reconsidered its hiring decision after consulting profiles a candidate preselected networks, worsening their opinion in a 36% of the cases.
- According to my experience, This is usually a first filter, but it can also be repeated before a final process between two matched nominations.
- Ojito with social networks are a tool to boost personal brand, but at the same time can hurt you in your job search. Do not put all your eggs this letter.
Everything leaves a brand
- Presence: absence or overexposure
- Reputation: bad ways, poor content, plagiarism, very extreme opinions in FSPR (football, sex, politics and religion)
- Egocentrism: Speak only of oneself, forgetting our value proposition to others.
In summary, Jobseekers, fight 80% offers better quality that are settled in private settings. The 20% is too crowded remaining candidates. Y, above all, do not forget your background work value proposition.
Fish vector by Shutterstock.com
- Engage to connect: #Networking to project your personal brand - 25 May, 2019
- Your business model: how to move from diagnosis to action plan - 18 May, 2019
- Your social networks are yours, they belong to your personal brand - 10 May, 2019
- What drives social conformity? (Asch's experiment) - 4 May, 2019