The School of Public Health at Harvard It has conducted a major investigation into the origin of gradual weight gain in adults. Actually, there is nothing new under the sun: red and processed meats and refined grains take the palm. But there is one thing that catches my attention: Most fattening food french fries are (followed by chips). This is serious. The study results were presented last month in the prestigious journal The New England Journal of Medicine.
From this point to the health authorities of all countries they are opened three possible scenarios as to the treatment to give fried potato:
- Campaigns against consumption “abusive” of chips aimed at Big audience
- Campaigns against abuse directed at groups doctors, nutritionists, large multinational supply, schools, hospitals…
- A treatment lateral to fried potato
I think the first two scenarios do not require much explanation:
Stage 1 It would be the logical, the reaction of lacking political hot ideas. A major campaign nationally, or internationally- similar to “The snuff kills” with macabre photos of putrid bodies, feeling guilty all the insane idea of eating French fries! In this campaign we hartaríamos to see data on how regular fat an adult and is heading towards a silent death from disease that leads to obesity: infarcts, cancers of all types, various intestinal disorders, irreparable damage to the bony skeleton overload etc..
Stage 2 and it identifies us smarter politician, before acting hot reaction would weigh the different groups, a possible unfavorable vote, and these important things to be measured before launching the bombshell. This is a more discreet campaign, which comes indirectly to the final consumer, and using the figure of specifiers to try to halt the growing patatofilia. Doctors receive a dossier of health authorities with a set of recommendations for families around the moderate consumption of chips, alternative food, dietary guidelines, tests etc.
And… What's the matter with him stage 3?, What the hell does that mean treatment of a lateral fried potato?
Behold, usually these ideas collect soil, It turns out that small I was the guy who fries the other three companions cole ate my table who did not want. In return, Of course, I could get rid of suelazapato cauliflower steak or recycled from the previous day. It was a good deal. I was so patatero I did not care that the chips were of very poor paratas bill. go, the issue of fried potato touched my marrow. And so today I am generous to give to the authorities this idea now expound:
THE GREAT DAY OF FRIED POTATO:
Background : A regular consumption of fries widespread in the western population of the planet. In addition to your home use, fried potato has crept into all fast food restaurants, Belgians take them with mussels, English fish and in Spain, without going so far, have become popular thanks to Casa Lucio fried eggs, a single formula to overcharge 12 20 € for a plate of fried eggs and chips (I love the marketing).
Current situation: That runaway consumption of chips has been one of the largest makers of adult obesity, and that should, according to the aforementioned study, to what “starches and refined carbohydrates have similar effects to sugar in the body. They are absorbed quickly, cause spikes of glucose and insulin in the blood and do not induce satiety signals as effectively as other foods. Therefore, encourage eating more at the next meal”.
Objective of a lateral approach to the chip: Getting reducing consumption by way less tax than those mentioned in the scenarios 1 and 2.
lateral strategy: Implementation of one day a month dedicated to the potato chip. Campaign title: THE GREAT DAY OF FRIED POTATO.
Basic road map:
- It is converting the consumption of chips in consumption luxury product, like Norwegian salmon, ow the Galician, Russian caviar and white truffles from Alba.
- Restaurants behing the GREAT DAY OF POTATOAll at the same time, and create the most original and tasty recipes around the potato chip: spicy potatoes, fries with ham, with eggs, with sofrito, cold, hot, temperate, with chorizo, with cold frying, omelette, deconstructing chip, smashed potatoes, potatoes with skin, salt maldon, stocked with peppers, with caramelized onion, with raf tomatoes, skewer with onions and fries frankfurt, tempura fries…
Lobster with fries Why not?
- The price It must be something higher, without going. Of course, not enter into the menu.
- Jose Mari Arzak compete with the Roca brothers, with Adriá and our excellent cooks to present the best dish based chips. The same score in the creations of famous masters and housewives who have dared to create a plus with fried potato. Do not remember the brilliant invention of Ferrán Adriá tortilla crisps?
- The Guide Michelin would make a special mention to restaurants prepare the best fries.
- The cáterings restaurants colleges, deign hospitals and nursing homes, for once a month, While preparing chips.
- They would be created “pataterías” possibly they replace the crêperies.
- US, lovers of fried potato, we would be counting the days to be with our best friends and choose restaurant or home potato taste during the GREAT DAY OF FRIED POTATO.
Negative effects Who does can be negative the big day FRIED POTATO?
Always look 360. It is true that there may be groups affected, but less than it seems.
For example, the farmers What will you have to do with the tons of potatoes that produce now? A short is a problem, but think that eventually replace potato consumption by other healthier products, like carrots, tomatoes, beet, onion… The enormous choice of restaurants fast food will need to quickly find a substitute for potato chip and that fit interesting recipes based on vegetables, whether grilled, fried or whatever you want.
And the chipmakers, Potatoes bag?. Here the thing is more complicated, but may have good solutions to the long. For example, could be packaged (already exist) combinations of fried vegetables or baked and wait for the big day FRIED POTATO markets and bars to fill bags of chips. yes, In consideration would ask them to please remove those potatoes flavored ham, onions, peppery. All they know glutamate and adulterate the taste of a chip geniuno.
conclusion: A madness? Possibly. But we would increase the perceived value of the chip, elevating him to “luxury item” and therefore a more occasional consumption. We would get higher quality chips, of culture Ecologio, and fried in good olive oil. Would they be more expensive? Of course. Would you give us that oysters, caviar or foie gras?. But what would get, above all, it is desirable that the big day arrives potato chip.