Every day more voices raised around the Privacy Data on social networks. The issue is particularly debated platforms “friends” as Facebook, Tuenti, Flickr, NetLog… In the professional field case with Linkedin, Plaxo, Xing, Viadeo or Chamber.
But what about Twitter and privacy? Twitter, unlike the aforementioned networks, It is an open network. And that allows you to configure our profile from the beginning knowing that it will be universal, open to all. As long lets “to protect” lo tweets, some thing they do but is something stupid (personal and subjective view), because for that better not be on Twitter.
To all those people who are afraid to transfer their data, Photos, videos… To thirds, I recommend Twitter as a personal page. Here are some advantages:
- universality: Anyone, without being on Twitter, You can open a personal profile. For example https://twitter.com/guillemrecolons . Do the test. Surely you can see the profile. That's it, on Facebook, If it is not possible to have direct contact account and be. Linkedin does allow open profiles.
- Lower level commitment. In a network like Facebook, If you are a politician friend your other friends will be classified and cross sectarian. On Twitter you can follow politicians of different leanings without you classify or compromise.
- Via direct: Twitter, like other networks, also send direct messages (except “celebrities”, for obvious reasons) your followers or followed.
- Twitter es unidirectional. You can follow 1.000 people who do not have to follow to you. That gives greater freedom. Although I always recommend to follow the fairplay who follow us.
- Profile: Without fear of being wrong I would say the average profile of “Tvitero” It is a somewhat higher cultural level than other networks “of friends”, allowing a more enriching debate.
Have concluded Twitter as a personal page could be included as a signature under your name. Example:
- Guillem Recolons
related posts: In the "LateralTwits" series we've talked about Twitter as a communication medium, Twitter as a platform for dialogue, Twitter as a means of information , Twitter as a means of contact, Twitter as a public forum, Twitter as a means of complaint, Twitter as a social network open, Twitter como SMS social, Twitter as a tool for personal branding, Twitter as a work tool, Twitter as a barometer of public opinion, Twitter as a platform for interviews and debates in real time, Twitter as a way of life , Twitter as a large base of public or private data (Twitter lists), Twitter as a stimulus to creativity, Twitter as public agenda (political and Twitter) and Twitter como fanpage