Let me abuse this week some of my sarcastic brand in a short post. Some days ago, I recovered one of the personality test is doing furor in the network, yes, Crystal Knows, and he appeared headline about me:
Traduzco: “Guillem learns quickly, and it has strong analytical skills, creative and social… although sometimes it can be shown sarcastic”. You see?. One is as it is. By the way, I must admit that Crystal is a good test, because it allows other people on the network can confirm or extend the feedback about a person. A good tool, and also uses the DISC base to trace their profiles.
Going back to my sarcasm, Today I want to analyze a profile I observe repetitively inside and outside social networks. The person who believes that to be the savior of humanity. Syndrome be “Desert last cocacola“. I borrowed the name of my good friend and partner Dominican Anabel Ferreiras.
You easily recognize this profile. They are people who believe that others should behave according to their rules. And if we do not, we “abroncarán” openly, reaching extremes of confrontation. Not tolerate another code of conduct than yours, and based on that they manage their community.
Their values They dictate behavior of rigidly, imperturbable e inviolable. These people walk upright like a stick, and it finds it hard to show the human side that we all have. His vital purpose, beyond their work, of its value proposition, It is to be guardians of morality. If there inquisition, many of us would have been tortured and burned to mark clear differences with model.
It is not easy to manage change in these people. That act guided by their true values makes it difficult: one root of the value does not change overnight.
The experience is a plus, they say. So I let two suggestions, or at least two modes of reaction that are not excessively bloody:
- ignore them. Let still believe you are the last Coke in the desert. You know that do not you going to move to change. So I -aviso- they will disturb more than an angry reaction. But it's smart of you and leaves no excessive consequences.
- He brings the bottle of rum and prepares a cubalibre. Sometimes it unsettles more friendly approach to “enemy” the angry reaction or even ignore them. Try to show proximity when you invite the combat strategy is to dismantle. Picture him. Has the weapons loaded and ready, and you show up with a bottle of rum, ice, lemon and two glasses. You go with a white flag case -for- and you comment with polite face: “I bring rum, glasses and ice. I have been told that you have Coca Cola… We are join forces?”
Choose one or the other, I assure you that you will not get generate a change. But at least, In the second option, you will go home happy having shared a Cubata with the person believed to be the last Coke in the desert. To explain the grandchildren.
Good week, And do not forget that what others do, we like more or less, part of your personal brand.
Coca Cola image by Shutterstock.com
- C'mon… What's going on in Spain with the seniors? - 14 September, 2019
- What would happen if companies were like human beings and human beings were like companies?? The World Upside Down - 7 September, 2019
- Are you one of those people who confuses self-esteem with selfishness? - 31 August, 2019