It is true, Nokia, mobile theme, I was recently in the doldrums. But I remember a few years ago that Nokia was the king of mambo mobile phone. In 2007 yes, European Brand Institute He published the news that Nokia was the most valuable brand in Europe. Anyway, After trying several brands, I ended up falling in love with Nokia to 1998. I had 4 wonderful terminals. They had no rival. simple operating system, Call quality, good toppings, reasonable size, clear and keyboard, the most important, two iconic elements of the brand I do not know if they will continue with the new phase of Microsoft, but they are the authentic brand equity:
- The slogan: Connecting people. Simple, of course, direct, minimalist. One of the best in the history of advertising, definitely. With 20 year term (How many brands have endured so much time, a claim?), I have not been able to find its author, but I warmly congratulate. As people of Nokia says, “connecting people” is not just a phrase or slogan, It is a corporate mission, And hence their success.
- The characteristic line (click here), a natural brand identifier that became a benchmark. The curious? It corresponds to the bars 13-16 the guitar solo Gran Vals Spanish guitarist and composer Francisco Tarrega, written in 1902.
I will not go into the reasons that have led Nokia to divest its telephony (it is clear that the economic offer was tempting Gates), although I bet the emergence of Apple with long boring IOS i thereafter Google with long boring Android They have much to do.
Perhaps now that Nokia wants to focus its activity on renewable activities will arise change “Connecting People” for “Long life for our planet”. Then, Like I borrow them “Connecting People” to work on personal branding. Do you think I would leave?
- Personal Brand Diagnostics 2: Internal Feedback D.I.S.C. - 21 February, 2020
- Edelman Trust 2020: Trust is built on ethics and competence - 15 February, 2020
- Personal Brand Diagnostics 1: External feedback - 9 February, 2020