If many gave up the blog for dead (And they were wrong), now the same voices augur the end of the era of content. And, from what I see, they're wrong again. The platforms where the content resides may evolve (You know, Podcasts...), but little else.
Content remains king. This is the seventh and final of the trends 2020 that I advanced a few weeks ago, and of which I have already developed six parts:
- The first: The drive of social awareness and personal branding
- The second: When facts are imposed on the sayings
- The third: From influencers to influencers (substantial change)
- The fourth: Don't think (Only) Google, think about your customers
- The fifth: Don't let technology step on you, use it in your favor
- The sixth: The brevity is resulto, but ephemeral
If you're short on time, I invite you to watch this video-summary of a minute:
- Interrupt or seduce?
- Value and Content Proposal
- From usability and SEO to storytelling
- Don't you have a website?
- Influencer is you
- Annex: Contents in TED talks you should know:
- Al Gore. A New Conception of the Climate Crisis
- Michelle Obama. A personal commitment to education
- Sting. How I started composing again
- Bill Gates. Energy: innovating towards zero
- Tony Robbins. Why we do what we do
- Jorge Drexler. Poetry, music and identity
- Stephen Hawking. Questioning the universe
- Bonus. The good news about poverty
- Jane Godall. Can we humans and animals live together?
- Peter Gabriel. Fighting injustice with a video camera
- Suscríbete al blog
- Annex: Contents in TED talks you should know:
Interrupt or seduce?
Outbound Or inbound? We run away from time thieves as much as from the advertising that disrupts our lives. Good content plays a key role as a catcher of our attention and that of our customers. And it's not worth anything.. Repetitive or boring content doesn't provide, doesn't entertain, Never mind.
Value and Content Proposal
Content makes sense if you pivot around a solid value proposition. Before sharing a content, whether cured or created, you have to ask yourself:
Do you connect with my audience, with those people I want to reach?
Do you bring anything new, whether it's solving a problem or analyzing an opportunity?
Is it in my power to provide what contributes?
With two positives, we can throw ourselves. With three, we can be sure that there will be an answer if we are consistent in time.
From usability and SEO to storytelling
Do you have a website? My eyes shine when I read "We went from usability and SEO to story" in the studio IAB's "Top Digital Trends 2020". That is in the way of my foresight that Google will cease to be the center of the universe and at last the quality will be valued more than the tricks to position mediocre content on the first pages of the search engine.
Brands start to consider a web model based on the story and not on digital positioning, thus generating points of contact with the user who deepens with the brand, this way the searches are already direct, boosting the ratio and thus reducing the weight of SEO.
Don't you have a website?
I get it, that seems complicated. And it's not.. The hard part is keeping the web, write regularly on the blog. Many reference professionals who write high-value content work with free web media 100%, As Ricard Lloria, Merco Roura, Francisco Warden, Ylse Roa Or Joan Clotet. You don't need to invest time in that..
It's also not convenient to give away our ideas, Insights and social media concepts that may one day close their doors (many have already done it). If you have to create or share content, ideally you should do it from your own platform, and from there you share it on social media.
If the content is king, the blog is the castle, the place where the king develops his mandate.
Influencer is you
Many companies turn to influencers to increase the brand's appeal. But I see the same thing happens when sharing or creating content on networks. You lose control, that doesn't belong to you. There's no better influencer that you. And in companies there's no better influencers that their professionals. No better platform than your corporate blog.
Who better than an expert can generate credible content, Close, Shocking, Relevant?
Stock Photos from Tomertu / Shutterstock
Annex: Contents in TED talks you should know:
The date of the TEDx Eixample of the 22 May 2020. So far we already have five speakers Confirmed:
- Alex Lopez, of the 10 top Linkedin Influencers
- Joan Clotet, digital humanist and talent specialist
- Gádor Muntaner, marine scientist specializing in sharks
- Javier Peña, GENERAL and scientific director of Elisava
- And the fifth speaker, it's a big surprise, attentive to www.tedxeixample.com
And to go mouth, I'll leave you with some TED talks you should know:
Al Gore. A New Conception of the Climate Crisis
Michelle Obama. A personal commitment to education
Sting. How I started composing again
Bill Gates. Energy: innovating towards zero
Tony Robbins. Why we do what we do
Jorge Drexler. Poetry, music and identity
Stephen Hawking. Questioning the universe
Bonus. The good news about poverty
Jane Godall. Can we humans and animals live together?
Peter Gabriel. Fighting injustice with a video camera