You know? What is your personal brand?
Yes, you know what is your management, congratulations. You are in a position to define goals, business model, value proposition, messages and jump into any arena to communicate.
And, Conversely, you do not know What is your personal brand, that mark you leave on others, you need activarte. I'll explain why a little metaphor:
Let's go to the doctor
You can go to the doctor for several reasons, preventive or curative. Let's say the vast majority of doctor visits are due to a problem we suffer as patients (healing).
Well, imagine you get to the doctor and say that you are wrong and ask for a prescription. The doctor will not extend any recipes (treatment) because you need to know before diagnosis.
Occasionally diagnose our brand helps us to know each other better
You need a diagnosis to know what your personal brand. And for this there is nothing like asking. I usually suggest two ways to do:
Ask for feedback to others
It's the most reliable, It is based on the true personal brand, the impression we leave on others, the perceived identity. The way to manage it is simple: You can do it by phone, by mail, or better, anonymously through a Google Form.
What to ask to know What is your personal brand? You can ask to be defined in three words, explain how you are a competent person, how you can improve. If you have your dependents you can ask for your ability to lead, to make decisions, to delegate.
Who to ask? To your stakeholders. Clients enter here, contributors, professional colleagues, classmates and -why not- family.
I advise reading Smart Feedback (Noemí Vico, Jane and Rosa Rodriguez Trunk, LID 2017) for gestionar you feedback properly.
Tests de autoimagen
Unlike feedback, self-image test generates a representation of oneself based on what we have answered a test.
I would make them all. Note that DISC has a cost, but it is extremely reliable. The more information you have about yourself and What is your personal brand, better.
I already have it, and now?
It's time to define your personal SWOT. Internal information (weaknesses and strengths) and thank you feedback and self-image test. It is working on the outside (threats and opportunities) with the help of data, research and everything you have at your fingertips.
With the DAFO prepared, You can delve into your personal strategy and later in your communication plan and networking. That we talk later. Greetings and happy week!
- Tuesday 23 October of 9 a 14h, new edition of Knowmad space, this time in Cádiz, with my colleagues Eva Collado, Andrés Pérez Ortega, Elena Arnaiz, Susana Beato, Lola Rueda and the great David Barreda. Free assistance.
- Thursday 25 October of 12 a 15h, Workshop on personal brand (free) the University of Girona, campus Montilivi.
- Thursday 25 October of 18 a 21h, Class on Personal Branding (1 guys at 2) UPF Tecnocampus in Mataro. Graduate Social Media and Digital Marketing.
- Friday 26 October at 17h (Spain): Webinar on Political Personal Branding taught with Nancy Vazquez for QUIFER Consultants
- Saturday 27 October at 11h, Prince room in Barcelona Meeting Point, Talk about personal branding for real estate professionals. Inscription here.
Navarro Niton this week published a video interview with my most personal and non-transferable. I hope you like it.
- I am the only person in this world who... - 17 August, 2019
- 18 books in Spanish to effectively manage your personal brand - 10 August, 2019
- You don't have a brand. The corruption of the term "Personal Brand" - 2 August, 2019