Ten years of not being able to suppress my thoughts, my ideas. Ten years incontinence. The principle is undressing. Then you realize that striptease Mental is not negative if you have your audience and, above all, if it adds value.
You are right, this month ten years of this blog are met
It was spring 2007. I reached an agreement with John Paul Tréguer in Paris to represent his successful agency TVLowCost in Spain. The idea was good: packetize advertising campaigns on national TV at affordable price (250.000€) and including research, 6 Ad scripts, shooting 3 or 4 Ad versions from 7 and 10 TV campaign seconds approx. 250 GRPs (some 250 audience points summed crude).
The way to reach customers devised by Jean-Paul was (And it is) buy email lists (permission marketing) to send a monthly newsletter, and, more important, manage a blog. What is a blog? At that time I had no idea, for me it was a web blog but staff. But I was wrong, He did not need to be personal and present its dynamism and, It was not a web use.
First steps in blogging
In April 2007 He had already created two blogs, TVLowCost that of Spain and another for a political candidate. And in December, does 10 years old , I opened my own. Then the URL was www.lateralconsulting.wordpress.com. My own company was called so, Lateral Consulting, and it was not until 2010 that I changed the name to the current guillemrecolons.com.
If I dared to open my own blog was because I was already familiar with the content creation and publishing platforms Blogspot and WordPress (I unify finally WordPress, there is no comparison). By that time hardly existed SEO, It was mainly to create a tag cloud for visitors to blog could find content more easily.
Although social networks already existed, in Spain few had in 2007 an account on Twitter or Facebook or Linkedin. The important thing was to share the blog in places like Delicious, DIGG and some more healing platform.
The first post
The 12 from December 2007 I published the first post Marketing lateral. The pleasure of rereading Kotler, a review of a book that struck me as much as “the Bible” Lateral thinking, the great thinker Maltese Edward de Bono.
Rereading some of those early posts judiciously today, we would say they were content very simple, anti SEO (very brief post), but with ideas and insights a certain value. And always in personal tone. Who writes a blog as a press release company always boring.
Little by little, transmitting personal brand
It is true that a blog is an "accelerator" personal brand. I explain: what previously he was on the mark in private circles (job, friends, family) extends to the blog your circle of influence humanity connected. Big responsibility.
Besides going to expand that circle of influence, since 2007 I started working without being aware of it yet- personal branding consulting. My first customers: political leaders, artists, managers and entrepreneurs. I called him "personal communication consulting".
A few months later, my friend Linda Reichard said -mirándome with serious rictus- what you are doing is called personal branding.
Awareness of Personal Branding
From that moment I began to realize that there was a strategic process (then something primal) to manage personal branding people, Personal branding. I started to read the first manifesto of personal branding, article Tom Peters “The Brand Called YOU“. My friend recommended me to read Dan Schawbel, and William Arruda. Excellent excellent books and blogs. In addition, I discovered Neus Arques with his And you, what brand you are? (Alienta 2007) very oriented to personal reputation. Shortly after I read Personal brand of Andrés Pérez Ortega (Basic, 2008).
Although most texts are very much focused on the need to differentiate, as advertising it was clear that this was VALUE. He remembers that in “Brand = unique value proposition). I also clear that a simple method was needed to manage it, based on three key phases: self-knowledge, personal strategy and visibility; later, to inaugurate Soymimarca, I baptized him as “Iceberg method Personal Brand“.
First content on personal branding
The first post is just 150 words (was little SEO), called “The impact of the web 2.0 in the Personal Branding“. Thereafter there 300 articles under the category Personal Branding, which eventually it drifted to personal branding applications in organizations. If I add that the 400 written in the blog Soymimarca and I add external collaborations, I'm near 1.000 articles.
The most read
I started “audit” the web in February 2012, so maybe I forget some relevant content on the road. The 10 most read, according to Google Analytics, high to low are:
- What makes you a unique person in the world. January 2017
- How to analyze your CV based on the generation recruiter. July 2016
- Personal Branding in the company. Applications, pros and cons. January 2017
- What kind of thinker are. December 2015
- The best of 2016 a Personal Branding. January 2017
- Disappearing professions are you on the list? April 2014
- 8 steps to find a good job. August 2015
- And you, and you discovered your superpowers? December 2016
- 23 reasons to get in value. April 2017
- Sr. Risto Mejide, things as they are: Thank you. September 2014
With what I most enjoyed
Los rankings son los rankings, but along the way are some items that may have the greatest influence among my clients.
- The pain in the ass of the name Garcia. June 2012
- What is a stakeholder and how it affects brand management staff? Mayo 2017
- Storytelling, connecting speech, seduces and convinces. April 2016
- Mark package as value proposition works? April 2017
- Personal Branding y plan B: Key transition. February 2016
- 14 questions to see if I fit in an organization. April 2015
- What is the trigger for your career? August 2017
- A professor of personal brand without personal brand? March 2014
- useless words and personal brand. September 2016
- Stupidity of stereotypes. June 2016
This does not end here
I threaten: I intend to continue writing. I wish the thing for another ten years. If this has lasted 10 years I owe it to you, the readers. Thanks with all my heart. Everything leaves a brand, recargáis energy and you mine.
- C'mon… What's going on in Spain with the seniors? - 14 September, 2019
- What would happen if companies were like human beings and human beings were like companies?? The World Upside Down - 7 September, 2019
- Are you one of those people who confuses self-esteem with selfishness? - 31 August, 2019