It is interesting expression “the changemakers“ used by the authors of "Social Selling”, Tim Hughes and Matt Reynolds (Kogan Page, 2016). We might translate literally as "change makers", although the most accepted term is "agents of change".
Without a doubt, business drivers in organizations are sellers (commercial, account managers…) with executives who make the big decisions. But with the fourth revolution He has emerged a new figure: the Changemakers or change agents.
My colleague Eva Collado defines these the changemakers as informal leaders organizations, connected, formed, informed, and they end up taking key decisions before taking the big managers (Hughes calls C-Suites). Raquel Roca rather call Knowmads, these nomads of knowledge that many believe are always free agents, but really also we found in companies working for others.
Executives of organizations no longer have only mission is to make the big choices, manage teams or clients. Top priority, in the connected economy, It is acting as the changemakers, as change agents. But, why?
Because Yesterday does not exist, although the brand has left the morning can affect us. And the decision, the change process, must be taken today. This temporary gibberish may be the key that justifies these new executives engaged as agents of change in a difficult environment. We live in Moving Waters, where not only past successes do not guarantee future success but deny them.
this barrizal, formed by atoms and bits (real and digital) It requires changing the mindset of executives to adapt to unforeseen situations, not yet discussed in case studies of business schools. If once we thought that failure is the prelude to success, now we should understand that change is the lever survival and growth.
We filled the mouth of digital transformation, but that's not the fuze change
The expression digital processing It is being spent overuse and misuse. I am working with a manager of an organization in the telecommunications area. Talking with him, working business model, I realize something important:
First it is required to work in the transformation of people and cultural change in the organization, and thence to the digital transformation
And that's where I see the true sense of change. The people, First. Organizational culture, after. And the digital transformation, at the end, as one of the shift line.
The mistake many executives in organizations is trying to implement digital transformation without having worked through a change of people and corporate culture. Start cart before the horse. We often get carried away by words rather than concepts and action plans.
Executive branding para the changemakers
The executive branding is a process of personal branding plan for change agents, for professionals who must decide and manage the transformation.
Some business schools have already included in their training plans. But in my humble opinion and based on my experience, executive branding process is closer to the consulting training. We can not consider an individual who must make critical decisions as if it were a collective.
Branding for change agents is a very introspective process, that personal values play an important role, and where empathy becomes the lever of transformation of persons and equipment. Organizations are its people. And those who run them should print your DNA and enrich corporate values too poorly differentiated.
The executive branding is not intended only empower executives to develop your personal brand or train them in digital skills. It should be more ambitious and tidy, with the idea of managing a permanent change in people, culture, organization and business development. Just so you can reach the digital transformation, a concept that has left 15 O 20 years of existence until millennials and centennials reaching positions of responsibility.
The process and the craftsmen
-and not dwell protect some method- desglosaré not process executive branding, but the resources needed to carry out.
Because for me it is consulting, are a bis aa. But a consultant to a "client", but from a computer to a customer.
- Introspective part requires, in my view, a person trained in psychology. Lately it has focused much self-knowledge in coaching, but I refuse to believe that four or five years of training in psychology can be compared to six months or a year of coaching. If there besides psychology coaching training, better, but it is not essential.
- The strategic part requires two key elements: on the one hand someone with experience mentality and strategy, and someone with managerial experience and cultural transformation.
- Finally, the communication part requires someone with expertise and experience in this area. Someone who can not only develop but accompany an action plan to put the value proposition and change the service of the organization and its main stakeholders.
In summary, I would say to forge a changemaker both are needed the changemakers. You have an inspiring week.
Images by shutterstock.com
- Engage to connect: #Networking to project your personal brand - 25 May, 2019
- Your business model: how to move from diagnosis to action plan - 18 May, 2019
- Your social networks are yours, they belong to your personal brand - 10 May, 2019
- What drives social conformity? (Asch's experiment) - 4 May, 2019