#Ignorant Idiot Digital Infamous Trickster Opportunist
It stands to reason that if there are parasites in real life, also we find them on the Internet. The problem is that in real life are easy to spot, in the digital world not so much. Some tools are needed, some payment, to discover the #iDiot.
Its main way to grow in the network: Follow thousands of people, wait for their “follow back” and then continues to shadow. Thus, the balance is always positive, with many more fans who followed.
Do not follow because you can add value, They do a mathematical question and personal vanity misunderstood.
Crazy obsession with getting followers at all costs, DNA #iDiot
The Greek myth says that Narcissus fell in love with his own reflection in the water and died at the approach to self-kissing. It was a revenge of the goddess Nemesis by bad treatment Narciso professed virgins who fell for him.
That's what can happen to continue collecting followers #iDiot. A few months ago I wrote a post titled The Follower Obsession. In the article referred to the need to create communities related to a value proposition. If I sell training programs for companies, with long boring 50 new followers per year that meet the profile would have enough. It is what Carlos Rebate, in his book Influencers, defined as 1.000 true followers, which they would be willing to hire you.
Detect and remove every #iDiot
I have always been tempted to denounce each #iDiot I've found. It is not doing so by legal means, It is paying with its own currency. First, stop following them. It is necessary to identify them. LinkedIn or Facebook the case is not given because monitoring should be mutually. This applies especially to Instagram and Twitter,
In Twitter there are several applications. I have not found any outstanding. At the moment, ManagerFilter, with limitations, is the most intuitive to detect and remove #iDiot.
Do I publish Escarnio?
The next step would be to create a public list of #iDiot, something that helps users and social networks to prevent this type of digital parasites. On the one hand, help users avoid falling into the trap. And the other would prevent social networks to give a “notice” by malpractices. Agree, what they do is not illegal, It is only ethically reprehensible. But people demonstrating against-values deserve my contempt, and I guess yours too.
Limpiemos network trash. I was surprised to see people who never imagined they let me follow. I see them often and they give me a smile. Now I know that is false.
- 20N. Granada. Knowmads space. Personal brand, Entrepreneurship, job, with my colleagues Elena Arnaiz, Sonia Rodriguez Muriel, David Barreda (organizer and speaker), Eva Collado, Andrés Pérez Ortega y Azahara G. Peralta registration (free) here.
- 23N. Business Forum Murcia. days directives. Conference on Personal Branding and Values. Information and Registration on this link.
- 28N. Update Zaragoza. 28 November in Zaragoza active. free event. Registration on the website soon Zaragoza Activa. With my colleagues Victor Candel, Meme Romero, Elena Arnaiz, Eva Collado, and Juan Martinez (organizer and speaker).
- 29, 30N. Workshop Personal Brand and Relationship Management. Ferrovial, Euroforum II in San Lorenzo del Escorial. You can follow the hashtag #MarcaPersonalSumma
- 1D. Personal brand 4.0. Personal Branding Lab Day. From YouTube, 10 Personal Branding conducidas hours followed by Nilton Alicia Navarro and Ro collaboration with the Blanquerna Communication and International Relations and Infojobs. From 10 AM a 8PM (GMT+1). Free. Follow the hashtag #PersonalBrandingLabDay
- Three Key Values in Political Personal Branding, , or why trust fails - 21 September, 2019
- C'mon… What's going on in Spain with the seniors? - 14 September, 2019
- What would happen if companies were like human beings and human beings were like companies?? The World Upside Down - 7 September, 2019