In the "LateralTwits" series we've talked about Twitter as a communication medium, Twitter as a platform for dialogue, Twitter as a means of information , Twitter as a means of contact, Twitter as a public forum, Twitter as a means of complaint, Twitter as a social network open and Twitter como SMS social.
Today we enter more marshland wondering if Twitter is a tool for personal branding.
If we consider it as a tool, yes, Twitter is one of the tools that can help shape a career. Surely not “This is” tool, but Twitter can be an excellent vehicle for several things:
- Make it clear style, a way to write
- Introduce the new features of a blog or web
- Publicize items, reports, book launches
- Knowing the style of others, their projects, their news
- You can get some networking, although it is not right place
Of course, Twitter never replace a blog, showcase authentic personal brand, but its function “microblogging” we can afford to offer news at enormous speed. The 140 Twitter characters allow us to attach links, photographs and audio files, with the advantage of brevity: not to read a lot to know what is a tweet or appending BROOCHES.
Another problem with Twitter as a tool for personal branding is that we do not have the “control” element, the remote control. A blog is ours and only our. What appears on a blog is not beyond our control. Twitter case is very different, hence the danger and hence also its attractiveness.
We have colleagues who say that Twitter helps not to build personal brand, a respectable opinion. Although, like everything, will depend on its use. There are very popular for having twiteros “strung up” Very interesting links of a given topic. That can make you a person concerned about a subject, but to be considered a specialist you need to create your own texts, your ideas, links to articles written by you. That does help reinforce your personal brand.
- I am the only person in this world who... - 17 August, 2019
- 18 books in Spanish to effectively manage your personal brand - 10 August, 2019
- You don't have a brand. The corruption of the term "Personal Brand" - 2 August, 2019