It comes time to pick the best of 2018 onpersonal branding.
This year 2018 It highlights three areas of development of personal brand management: The value proposition, on the one hand, This is strength of purpose on the other and crystallization of the business model in economic performance, what we know as monetization. The first two are catalysts which call a personal brand connector and monetization adds the dimension of the effectiveness.
As for formats, yes, video still going stronger than ever. The initiative Street Personal Branding It is noteworthy in this context. No slouch the infographic, and especially webinar, a way to reach large or specific audiences through video.
- The best of 2018 (In My Opinion, of course) Personal Branding
- 30 highly recommended items in key personal brand
- Six recommended books
- Six essential events
- The 12 guillemrecolons.com most read post 2018
The best of 2018 (In My Opinion, of course) Personal Branding
As I did in thebalance of the year 2016 and balance of the year 2017, then detail the articles or videos that have influenced me (remember that order is not relevant), Recommended books, essential events and also the twelve most read posts on this blog during 2018. Come on, a way of seeing the harvest 18.
30 highly recommended items in key personal brand
- 2019: 20 branding trends. Ivan Diaz. Branzai. Those who know me, You know that my professional background is more than branding “personal”, and this article seems to me a jewel to really understand what is needed to manage brands. And many of the points apply to personal branding. Thank you for keeping us master Ivan last!
- Defining personal brand and professional brand. Eva Collado. Eva is generous, that's part of your brand. And it is a great healer content. In this post collects 30 definitions of personal and professional brand of various authors. Not content with that thirty, months later she gave us other 40 definitions of new authors What is for you the personal brand? Always discovering talent!
- Beyond the personal brand: professional positioning. Daniel Romero-Abreu. Daniel, fundador de Thinking Heads, It helps to separate the wheat from the chaff: “We focus on defining the image we want to perceive us as the important thing is to find what they can contribute something of value and attain irreplaceable”. I referred to this article a few months ago a post. highly recommended reading.
- Businesses and people want to fall in love. Alicia Linares. Alicia is not much lavishes on his blog, so when you do have to be alert. In this post, Draw what the future will be professional, a hybrid profile between the general and the specialist able, by Alicia, of “thinking so much about the overall impact of their decisions as to lose detail in a particular case.”
- Applying UX Principles to Life: Personal Branding. Joey Limmena. A young engineer from Vancouver early twenties repositioned UX designer gives us a masterclass: How it affects the user experience (UX) personal brand. Safety pin.
- A proven formula that allows you to do business in a jiffy. Laura Ferrera. Laura begins post, published in Soymimarca, with a great truth: “What if you still Instagram or Twitter a company profile you you think twice before following? Not so sure if it's a professional that same company which follows you”. That's right, because Laura and I agree that no one talks to companies or brands, We talk to people.
- Value proposal: the unique and differential footprint. Hector Jimenez. Interesting approach about the value proposition, which according to Hector-and I share- It should not stay in a sentence only in an action plan. Come on, it's not just a proposal, This is what we can contribute to others, and besides differentially what we can do.
- The least I can do. Andrés Pérez Ortega. Read this article it made me think of the works of the great architect Mies van der Rohe, author “less is more” and architect of minimalism. The question is what can we simplify, remove our brand? Recall the origin, what drove us the plan. A brief reading of the personal brand sherpa, but which it moves to reflection and action. At least, I changed two or three things from their reading.
- I do not sell myself, and I hope you do not either. Elena Arnaiz. I remember that was Philip Kotler who said that about “If you're not a brand, You're a commodity”. Elena goes beyond, and reminds us in this excellent post that we are not a product for sale. Our product anyway, are our professional skills. A must.
- Think carefully before you advise your children not to study humanities courses. Amalio Rey. You may think that the issue has little to do with personal brand. Misconception. Companies like Google are hiring managers philosophers, humanists, historians. Sciences need the humanities as the yin to yan and the right hemisphere to the left. The post library, genially documented, He highlights the false dichotomy between STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) and humanities.
- senior talent (video). Celia Hil. Célia has become an indispensable speaker at employment, Personal Branding, Linkedin and senior talent. Not in vain, Cèlia recently has been one of the promoters of the initiative #TalentoCooldies to assist the transformation of senior professional and combat ageism. It has joined Laura Rosillo and Jaume Gurt (among others), with those who taught courses and conferences to promote senior talent.
- How to add value. Francisco Alcaide. If someone thoroughly studied the value and has reflected in his books, That's Francisco (Paco) Alcaide. Learning from the best, and that includes Paco, we must study more, try more, relate more, travel more, diversify more, hear more, observe more and ask more. Only then can we move from “a bit” to “top”.
- Dare to bet your talent. Arancha Ruiz. Arancha invites us to combine our personal interests with social needs and to forget the short term. One of those that seems post or and changing perspectives, Waving neurons and, of course, invites the change.
- Personal Branding from the University. Vladimir Estrada. Although the teacher has accustomed us to very comprehensive readings, This post is a short and useful manual on how college students and teachers should manage their personal brand. post good for a group unaccustomed to managing your brand. Vladimir I also want to highlight the creation of a format bi-directional interview which he premiered with me and that brings freshness. Welcome ideas like this, teacher!
- Expand your personal brand. Neus Arques. Neus brings a dilemma you've ever thought safe, and that has to do with focus. Where we focus if we do more than one thing well? I do thee spoiler, but Neus helps us understand through his own experience as a writer, politóloga, translator personal brander. Almost nothing. essential reading.
- 15 Tools for developing, manage and position your personal brand on the Internet for tasks. Claudio Inacio. It is difficult to keep one post of Claudio, all are practical and applicable to 5 minutes to read. This post can not be more helpful, because not only speaks of the blog and networks, but other parallel platforms to manage content and control indicators. thanks Claudio!
- What is an elevator pitch? (video) Alicia Ro. Excellent video of our personal burner a bit “videogénica”. Do you get nervous or feel insecure when you have to speak in public? Alicia tells you from your channel YouTube some secrets of how to overcome stage fright public speaking. air.
- What do you prefer, Mark or Strategy? David Barreda. David posts have become for me manna Paradox. In this case, David documents their initial doubts about personal branding and warns that 4 horsemen: visibility, differentiation, disruption and easy socialization can be dangerous if they work in an orderly manner within the framework of a strategy. A post for rereading several times (and watch your videos).
- The suicide of Personal Branding. several authors. Soymimarca. A digital daily tabloid published in April an article referring to “timo” of personal brand is placed. The reaction of “family personal branding” Do not be late. A must-read post collaborations with Andrés Pérez Ortega, Eva Collado, Alicia Ro (by the way, winner of awards Blog2017), Fabián González, Claudio Inacio, Guillem Recolons, Elena Arnaiz, Gabriel Patrizzi, Ylse Roa, Nancy Vazquez, Paula Fernández-Ochoa, David Barreda, Arancha Ruiz, Helena Casas, Oianko Choperena, Jordi Collell, Fran Segarra, Enrique F. Brull, Nilton Navarro, Ilana Berenholc, Pablo Adán says, Laura Ferrera, and Raquel Gómez.
- Political branding: It is no longer a party, now it's personal brand. Nancy Vazquez. The founder of Integra Personal Branding warns us that the way we do things in these liquids times and social networking is very different, for any sector, and specifically for the political sector Can you imagine keep doing things as does 10 years old ?
- Revolution strengths. Xavi Roca. Xavi is best not to read a book a week, It is that it gives us its recommendations in their posts. This article and the one that follows Focus on your strengths They are indispensable to put focus on what really matters and brings.
- ¿Marks without personal value proposition? Ylse Roa. From Venezuela, Ylse gives us a packed post excellently explained basics about personal branding, personal branding and value proposition.
- The hunting instinct (Put your personal brand in action). Pablo Adán says. Paul invites us to leave the comfort zone and catch our own pieces while others expect leftovers. The jungle law.
- demographic revolution and future work: job transitions and learning. Laura Rosillo. Laura has become the benchmark for the defense of what he calls the “maturescence”. In a nutshell, Seniors have a lot to say and do in the workplace, but companies do not bet on it. recommended reading, as all items from your blog.
- digital tools to improve personal brand online. Alfredo Vela. “Believe it or not, you are what Google says about you”. So begins the presentation made to the shuttles Alfredo Employment. But also it includes hundreds of resources to find employment and to improve our digital personal brand. Alfredo is, definitely, one of the best sources of information and network resources.
- And… What is the employer branding. Carola Morato. Carola has spent years as a consultant and trainer personal brand, but certainly his specialty is the employer branding, It is defining and develops masterfully in this post. I emphasize this phrase: “…Management strategy of the employer brand begins with observing and measuring. Not the company who dictates what brand of employer has, they are all stakeholders who have the image formed what is working or working for such a company”.
- Do you self-censorship on the net? Fran Segarra, Almudena Lobato and David Barreda. from Soymimarca, excellent collaborative article three of psychology and personal branding. the post, that starts with the phrase Archimedes “Who can speak also you know when” It is a story about fears, censures, silences and proper use of words. Reading a gift, I'm serious.
- The power of your personal brand is called trust. Cristina Mulero. Cristina echoes in this post of the lecture given by Murray Clark in RH congress held in May in Elche. The key elements of building trust competence, integrity, loyalty and opening. Good post!
- Incoherently no personal brand. Fran Segarra. From a wonderful TED Jorge Drexler, Fran walks the path of identity towards coherence, contrasting it with opportunism abounds -Unfortunately- among many false gurus.
- Key labor not become zombie. (video) Meme Romero and Rubén Montesinos. Our friend Meme interview specialist talent Ruben Montesinos in the space TalentTú. Very interesting questions and of course Meme, Reuben responses 13 minutes I assure you they are a good investment. Most powerful: the definition of labor zombie. People who work in an organization that are outside the labor market.
Six recommended books
- Come on. Marta played. Profit 2017. I was at the presentation of the book of Marta in Barcelona. Also came prologuista, Juan Carlos Cubero. The book contains the keys to entrepreneurship. After reading it makes you want to take on the world. An accurate review I advise you is to David Barreda. Good reading!
- Learning from the best II. Francisco Alcaide. Alienta 2018. This book breaks the belief that sequels are never good. Einstein, Onassis, Bruce Lee, Chris Anderson, Chanel, Goleman, J.K. Rowling, Rockefeller, Valdano, Michael Jordan, Coelho, Phil Knight and Walt Disney are just some of the characters analyzed by Paco. Not wasted the final section 300 tips for your personal development. If it had elongated 362 I could have put on sale in pack with the great book Laura Chica 365 Dating you (Alienta 2018) you imagine?
- Cómo vender tu marca personal. Raquel Gómez. Conecta 2018. Although the book was published in 2014, this reissue has allowed me to have dedicated hand Raquel own. A great book. Raquel writes and speaks, very natural, very clear, empathic. The title takes you maybe misleading, It is not a book growth hacking, It is a manual personal brand management applied to different environments: labor, technological and corporate.
- Navegando en aguas digitales. Yi Min Shum, 2016. Min Yi youth can make you think that the book is a first test, but the truth is that it is a true manual introduction to the digital environment for people. Very complete, well documented. All books on digital aspects that risk becoming obsolete very quickly. This not, especially since it is a strategic roadmap, to which it matters little that some tools or platforms come again or go. great find.
- Back to Human. Dan Schawbel. Hatchet 2018. I arrived a few days ago and I still have not finished. But this 100% in my line “Human Branding”. A jewel. A wonderful book that helps connect us, a human trait, in the era of machines. Recommendations read this book include some of the most important CEO of the US. It was worth the wait (I acquired presale 10 months ago).
- Fear your strengths. Robert. E. Kaplan & Robert B. Kaiser. Center of Creative Leadership, 2013. Can you imagine that your strengths are your greatest weakness? This book was recommended by my friend, colleague and partner in Brandergizers Ilana Berenholc. The authors identify four different leadership qualities and describe the problem that occurs when each is taken to an extreme. A different view of the usual, very disruptive.
Attentive to the news 2019 in books:
Andrés Pérez Ortega already she has her fifth child “Monetízate” presale, when falling. Eva Collado, by his side, He is about to present her second child after #MarcaEresTú; a new book on personal digital transformation, soon we will have more news. Ah, by the way, one called as I have proposed launch 2019. Soon I will tell you more.
Six essential events
2018 He has given him. The best of 2018 It includes events. Repeating events (because it precedes success) and others who are born. European and American hand. The tribe personal branding is stronger than ever!
The webinar format takes shape, This fourth edition has recounted the experience of Nilton Navarro, Alicia Ro, and the indispensable help of Infojobs and Comunicació Blanquerna. It was held last 1 December and according to Alfredo Vela and Tweet Binder, She had record figures for monitoring and engagement, which can be consulted on this infographic. These figures were confirmed by our friend Vivian Francos y Metricool.
Our friend Nancy Vazquez He accepted the challenge of organizing the PBEX 2018 outside Brazil, in the beautiful city of Puebla (Mexico). I was honored to be there by the creator of the event, Daniela Viek, and great friends like Raquel Gómez, Deize Andrade, dew Ames, Arturo González, Johnny Durán, Henry Alexandre, Alan Urbina, Edurne Ochoa, and Silvana Oliveira, among many others.
They were three days of great personal brand, we could learn but also exchange, to discuss, and why not, plan new things. I have the feeling that Mexico wants to continue hosting the congress in 2019. Soon we know, stay tuned.
Knowmads space (Huelva, Cádiz, Granada).
And suddenly, Andalusia lived an invasion of personal brand. An initiative like this could only from someone with strength “Pattern” David Barreda, coach coaches, trainer of trainers, personal brander of staff branders. David, of hand Cajasol Foundation Elena managed to get together Arnaiz, Eva Collado, Andrés Pérez Ortega and myself. That along with special guests local: Helen Gomez Ruano, Adela Mora, Meme Romero and Enrique Cejudo in Huelva. Susana Beato, Lola Rueda, Julio Segundo and José Mª Sánchez in Cádiz. And Meme Romero (again), Sonia Rodriguez Muriel and Azahara G. Peralta in Granada.
The design is superb event. Brief introduction of the moderator, presentation of “cycle” personal branding by David, and then Elena, Guillem, local talent, to close with Andrew and Eva. A formula was repeated and announced shouting #Young people may be of hate! For more information searches for hashtags #EKHuelva18 #EKCadiz18 and #EKGranada18. The question is… to be continue? Has any city feel like being trending topic during 5 hours and generate millions of positive impacts?
Street Personal Branding
As remarkable event, I remind the initiative Street Personal Branding Andres Perez Ortega and Claudio Inácio, creating fresh video format with the most important issues that arise with the Personal Branding. In the time that they have already published 40 videos (one per week on average). Some interventions of colleagues like Jane's Trunk, Eva Collado, Rubén Alonso, Alicia Ro, Ami Bondia, David Ayala, Arancha Ruiz, David Barreda, Elena Arnaiz and myself.
online university course on Social Media and Personal Branding
Moved a few days ago in this blog is now possible to form in Personal Branding from college, at any time and from anywhere in the world. Its aboutonline university course on Social Media and Personal Branding fromUVic - Central University of Catalonia (UVic-high) (Barcelona). ?? February to July 2019, total 23 credits. academic directorHelena Casas, and I am one of the teachers. More info and registration ?? http://bit.ly/2BSJPyO
Nilton de la súperentrevista
Nilton Navarro Stomp. This time, This is a new format that Nilton naked interview (not literally) his victim. Want to see an example? Guess who was the first victim. Why not, It was me!! Here you have the SúperEntrevista made me. I must admit that the fact of not knowing the format or questions beforehand gives you a lot of freshness to the thing. Although you can also go blank with an unexpected question (thing happened to me several times, jajajaa). I'm crazy to know who their next victims. At the moment, total hermetism ;-)
What comes in 2019
Two upcoming events alert. On the one hand Branding Week RD which will bring together Eva Collado, Paula Fernández-Ochoa, Nancy Vazquez and a server in a week of personal brand, employee advocacy programs, RH digital transformation, Branding political and much more in the Dominican Republic, 4 to 8 February, organized by QUIFER Consultants.
The 12 guillemrecolons.com most read post 2018
Between the 52 post to the public each year, they represent (according to Google Analytics) the best of 2018 Personal Branding in my digital home.
- Value proposition do you know which one is yours?
- signals (NO KPI’s) a healthy personal brand. Written in collaboration with Fran Segarra and Ana Reyes.
- La fuerza de los embajadores de marca internos (Employee Advocacy programs)
- Don't judge before knowing the context and the personal story.
- What is personal branding?
- A technology for a more humane world is possible. Written in collaboration with Helena Casas.
- Syndrome “I'm the last Coke in the desert”: Diagnosis and treatment.
- The best of 2017 Personal Branding.
- Personal brand, management success and envy.
- The paradox of personal branding, Do I care about the image I project or the value I bring??
- The paradox of personal branding.
- Personal Branding is like plastic surgery: not explained, noticeable.
I hope you enjoyed this particular insight the best of 2018 trends. I wish the best for 2019. heart.
cover image: Shutterstock.com and Maria Mas-Bagà