I started this routine this year, to collect the best of the quarter, at the beginning of April I already published Best of the 1st quarter 2021.
In one minute I summarize the best of the 2nd quarter 2021 in personal brand:
- Interesting books
- Articles: The best of the 2nd quarter 2021 at Personal Brand
- Tools to enhance personal branding
- Highlights of the 2nd quarter 2021 on personal brand on my stuff
Among what I've read about non-fiction, I highlight three titles:
Factfulness, by Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling, Deusto, 2018. Not a new book, In fact, was published on 2018, but I read it a few weeks ago and it left a very positive mark on me.
It breaks our belief that humanity is heading towards disaster. And it proves it with data. We are much better off than we were years ago, decades and centuries.
Through 10 Instincts, the Roslings (Hans started it, and his son and daughter-in-law finished him when he died) convince us of the main cognitive biases (in the book he calls them instincts) that predispose us to think the wrong way: the instinct of separation, of negativity, of the straight line, of fear, of size, of generalization, of the destination, of the unique perspective, of guilt, of urgency.
Branding. The Power of Business.
Ivan Diaz (Branzai, Grávita) has presented his most anticipated work, the book Branding: The power of business, edited by himself. The author doesn't like us calling it a Bible, but it is, is a branding bible, more than recommended, full of examples and inspiration. You can find it on Amazon without problem, In fact, he's edited it from there.
Their 12 sections take you from the definition of brand to its activation and management. And it's not theory, imagine that you put the 2.000 Branzai's blog posts and distill them in 168 Pages. Gold. And something that has reached my soul is about the power of words in Branding, already towards the end. But I don't make spoiler, get hold of it.
Positive RH is signed by Margarita Pato, José Manuel Tomás, Maria Jose Gil, Jose Angel Gomez, Isabel Bonmatí, Lluís Cantera, Laura Brotons, Fulgencio Conesa, Fernando Coloma and it is coordinated by Nacho Plans. Profit Publishing House, 2021.
I would call it a generous book, in which its authors, references in people management, you give us 7 business success stories and their keys.
alongside Eva Collado, we work a Brand Ambassador program with Isabel Bonmatí, of the company Clavei. Isabel has related the itinerary that this company followed to put the strategic focus on people. A book to be inspired by the best.
A format on the rise. The offer is immense, increasing but among what I have heard this quarter I highlight:
From Digital Humanism, by Joan Clotet
I recommend all its contents, but to highlight in this 2nd quarter:
- Forget how old you are, with the crack Laura Rosillo
- Humanist Leadership, with Xavier Marcet (safety pin)
- The power of pause, with Robert Poynton
From TED in Spanish
Directed by Gerry Garbulsky, organizer of TEDxRíodelaPlata, the world's largest TEDx event, with audiences of more than 10.000 live people. The best of the 2nd quarter 2021 for me it is:
- How we are manipulated on social media, with Santiago Bilinkis
- Erase borders in our identity, with Daria Shornikova (TEDx Eixample)
- Stubborn optimism to face the climate crisis, with Christiana Figueres
- From Caviar Online, the podcast of communication and digital marketing of Carles Fité and Joan Martín: Current tv and streaming
- From Retail Update, Celestino Martínez's podcast, The TEDx Special: The future of local commerce, which includes his wonderful talk TEDx Vitoria 2021 to which I already referred in the blog and podcast The best speeches always start from great stories.
- From Connecting Points, by Chema Cepeda, treat Starline, Google's new project with which telepresence is closer than ever, and how they want to kill their flagship product, In Algorithm tell me you.
- From Inspiring Mondays, the podcast of Edu Pascual and David Tomás I recommend the episode: Vicky Foods, a happy company With Rafael Juan, a wonderful story.
Articles: The best of the 2nd quarter 2021 at Personal Brand
If you don't want to miss anything, I refer you to my digital magazine Everything Leaves Mark on Flipboard. Here are the articles that have impacted me the most:
- Listening to Little Red Riding Hood, by David Barreda
- From podcast to voice strategy: the potential of audio at the corporate level, by Cristina Aced
- How to find work on LinkedIn, practical tips, by Xavi Roca
- Are you Middle Manager? See 3 Advantages of using Personal Branding, by Arancha Ruiz
- Knowledge does take place, by Paul Adam
- Political branding, the halo effect strategy, by Nancy Vazquez
- How to escape the ego trap, by Pablo Tovar
- How to price your experience, by Neus Arqués
- Ecequiel Barricart: «The 'fake brands' have many followers but no influence», by Manuel Moreno (Thirteen Bits)
- Storytelling: How to make sense of what you do with your brand story, by Laura Ferrera
- The value of my personal learning environment, by Enrique Cejudo
- Limits: How to manage them to lead your professional and personal life?, by Elena Arnaiz
- Personal branding or the privilege of recreating ourselves, by Oscar Del Santo
- Is it possible to get a new job if you've passed the 45?, by Cèlia Hil
- Personal marketing: when the virtual pandemic arrives, by Andrés Pérez Ortega
- Is Twitter a personal branding tool?, by Beatriz Ruiz
- Trust is not held, is acquired, by Francisco Alcaide
- Professionals are wanted who break the boundaries, by Alexia Columba (ABC)
- Already have a sponsor for your professional career? by Tino Fernandez (Expansion)
- The job you want you won't find on employment portals, by Ramón Oliver (Populi Voice)
- Tips for finding work and being happy, with Lidia Nicolau, by Nilton Navarro
- Twitter Marketing: 7 keys to apply today to your personal brand, by Ylse Roa
- Your brand is words, by Iván Díaz (Branzai)
- Entrepreneurship: What It Is and How to Position It With Your Personal Brand, Hector Jimenez
- How to Speak in Public: 3 dangerous gestures in communication, with Alicia Ro
- Learn how to position your personal brand, by Fabián González
- Corporate President and his new leadership, Raquel Gómez interviews Rafael Juan
Tools to enhance personal branding
Perhaps the most significant thing in this section are two great novelties:
Linkedin: The presentation video in the profile picture
A great opportunity to introduce ourselves to a pitch of 30 seconds that you are in the "hottest" area of LinkledIn: our profile picture.
Twitter spaces, a universal place to develop audio rooms
Twitter audio rooms allow live conversations on Twitter. Competing with ClubHouse, the creator of the format, Twitter has introduced new features that make it more Friendly without leaving the Twitter mobile app.
Not only that., they have also created ticket access spaces as a way to support creators on Twitter so that they can monetize their talent. The requirements are: have more than 1.000 Followers, have created three rooms in the last ones 3 Weeks, have + 18 Years, email verified, full profile with real photo, complete bio (not suitable for trolls).
If you want to hear in action one of the best in Twitter Spaces, follow closely to @evaanyon
Highlights of the 2nd quarter 2021 on personal brand on my stuff
Podcast "Everything Leaves a Mark"
I have continued to publish weekly. The best thing about the 2nd semester on my podcast would be these chapters:
- How to Find Work with Personal Branding
- How to improve at work, with Alejandra Bara
- Unconscious capitalism, People, purpose and values
Of the 14 published posts, I highlight these three for the impact they have had:
- 10 actions you can do for your personal brand from home (2021)
- What are brand ambassadors and what are their advantages?
- If you don't contribute, you don't exist
- From Argentina, The power of personal branding, Dani Dini interviews Guillem Recolons
- From Miami, If you don't contribute it doesn't matter, in Alex Dali Rizo's Recipe for Success.
I hope you have a happy week!
Cover photo by Elena Abrazhevich on Shutterstock.com
Convinced that everything leaves a mark, I help companies better connect with their stakeholders through personal branding programs (personal brand management) and employee advocacy (programs of branded internal ambassadors).
Soymimarca Partner, Integrates Personal Branding and The Human Branding, I also collaborate with Ponte en Valor, Brandergizers, MoreThanLaw, Noema Consulting, AdQualis and QUIFER Consultants.
I participate in various programs at IESE, ISDI and EAE, UPF's Social Media Graduate and UVIC, among others. Collegiate advertising, Master in Marketing. Humanities Degree Student.
My advertising DNA comes from 20 years in agencies: Time/BBDO, J.W.T., Bassat Ogilvy, Saatchi & Saatchi, Altraforma and TVLowCost among others.