Although the need to understand and manage our personal brand is universal, in the case of brand management staff We could say that it is imperative.
Why is it so important for a manager to understand and manage their brand?
- First, because his career depends largely on emotional imprint leave in their environment know. His work is not mechanical, It includes managing people and equipment in normal situations and criticism.
- Secondly because due to their responsibility in the organization, the manager usually has less time to invest in yourself and managing your career.
- And thirdly because due to their greater training and experience It is in the crosshairs of criticism of his colleagues, its employees and customers. In other words, It is often “labeled” for others without being aware.
specific needs in personal brand management
- Discover what your personal brand, understood as the emotional footprint of its employees, equal, among its clients, friends and family. Howard Gardner, neuroscientist, pedagogue and professor at Harvard University, He said in an interview that a bad person can not be a good professional. Have we asked feedback for how we perceive?
- Knowing the factors that make you unique brand and humanize. according to Gardner, “no person is better or worse than another. Nor equal to another. What makes us human is that each of us is unique”. That involves not only an analysis of skills, but the response in stressful situations, and aspects of emotional intelligence.
- Internalizing the vision, mission and values of the organization and the corporate brand as their own. If for construction worker may be irrelevant to know where you are going the company, for managers it is essential that their actions are aligned with the goals and values of the organization, and that the purpose is sharing.
- Know and develop your brand model, difference in their areas, relevance, networking, communication and commercial.
- Develop the content of your professional message according to its vision and mission, and also with its brand model and positioning. This exercise is critical to successfully face communication phase, and it requires development and adaptation of that message to different internal and external media.
- Working in a personal communication plan to prioritize the idea of value that the manager is able to move others, public internal and external (providers, customers, shareholders, media, prescribers etc.).
- Dominate the digital communication environment because of its speed of transmission and brand values and the magnitude of the hearings that handles real-time. Understand that personal branding is active 24h, never sleeps.
- Working with personal learning environments allowing the manager to find the best related to their field of activity content, Add your point of view and share in related social media.
- Engagement: Be aware that markets are conversations and places like internet are not just visiting and observation, also active participation, dialogue and interaction (engagement).
- Always know the evolution of personal brand management, the real and digital reputation and achieving global targets and indicators (KPI) to see if the model professional brand is operating in line with expectations.
All these needs should materialize in action plan which has the north to value the brand management staff.
While this is not a process express, a training process supported consulting smoothly could set the starting point, the beginning of Personal brand management plan.
Images by Shutterstock.com
- The three digital activity stadiums of our personal brand, which one is yours? - 9 November, 2019
- Personal Branding and LinkedIn: made for each other - 2 November, 2019
- Will you google your name? Instead, google the keywords of what you do better than anyone else. - 25 October, 2019