Many countries around the world are in a state of alarm due to covid-19 action. The Quarantine prevails in many of them, with a minimum of two weeks “Locked” At home. Few open shops. But nothing prevents us from making progress with developing our personal brand from home.
This video, more than eight minutes, includes most of the written content below.
- Action 01: Read personally branded books
- Action 02: Read personal brand ebooks
- Action 03: Sign up for an online course
- Action 04: test your digital business skills
- Action 05: Improve your social networks
- Action 06: Improving our health from home
- Action 07: Subscribe to personal brand blogs
- Action 08: Watch personal brand videos
- Action 09: Listen to podcast
- Action 10: Watching movies at home
Action 01: Read personally branded books
I had the opportunity to read CEO Brand and Brand Ambassadors before it's published. Cristina sent it to me., still in PDF, as a draft. And the truth is, I thought it was magnificent the work he did.. So much so that my review is on an inner flap.
Everyone thinks personal branding is something for freelancers, for freelancers, Etc. and Cristina demonstrates in this book the practical usefulness that Personal Branding has applied in organizations, both from the dome, the big executives, as from middle managers, great brand ambassadors and trusted generators.
I met Victor a few years ago., when he presented his second book.The rebellious philosophy", and this book surprised me as much as the first. And I was also in his workshop storytelling, that meant for me a before and after.
Monetizagram. Pedro Rojas. Lid Editorial
In a very different area from the previous ones we have "Monetizagram"from our friend @seniormanager.
The book includes everything you need to know to make the most of this booming social network, which is Instagram. I also had the opportunity to attend the Monetizagram workshop with Eva Collado, and the truth, brought us a lot of courage.
Action 02: Read personal brand ebooks
Maybe you don't have the paper books at home., and the truth, in times of alarm state, bookstores are closed. Although you can always turn to Amazon and the like, ebook is a good alternative.
Let your talent flow. Soymimarca. Several authors
Let your talent flow is a free ebook that includes the best of 2019 from the Soymimarca blog. Prologated by Elena Arnaiz, includes articles by various authors, and you can get it in free download on the blog itself soymimarca.com.
The best and worst of the staff branding in 2019 and major trends 2020
This is a book that collects the best and worst also of Personal Branding 2019 along with trends 2020 in personal brand, from this blog. You can find it right here for free at the end of this article.
Personal brand workbook. Street Personal Branding
Personal Brand Workbook it was written by Cláudio Inácio And Andrés Pérez Ortega and it's called yes because it's a book full of exercises. They call it: Personal Branding's first practical book, the truth is that it's a book that has a small cost, but compared to its value it's very profitable and it's worth it that you can read it from home.
Action 03: Sign up for an online course
The third action to do at home is to study online. And this time I propose a course that just came out of the oven, Vic University, it's called "Personal Branding Strategy". Teachers are Helena Casas And I. Here's a summary:
A difference from a master's degree or a postgraduate degree, it's something lighter. It will take place in July 2020 and pre-registration is already open. Investment is relatively small: 235,5Us $, compared to a postgraduate or a master's degree, as you can see it's much more affordable and reasonable. And it's in Spanish. Highly recommended. By the way, from here you can get a 5% discounted.
Action 04: test your digital business skills
And in addition to the test, which measures seven parameters to strengthen our brand and be better connectors and better sellers on social media, you can find various knowledge pills that have great value within this website. The friend and founder of Cyberclick David Thomas, the founder of AlwaysPeopleFirst, Xavi Escales, the commercial trainer Felipe García Rey, my good friend and digital humanist Joan Clotet, a certain Guillem Recolons, the director of Enzymatics Laura Fernandez D'avila, The transformation manager by Novartis Stephane Morel, Nedgia's communication specialist Noelia Sanchez, writer and lecturer Alex Rovira, the Director of the Spanish Institute of Sinergology Eva Garcia Ruiz, my friend Arancha Ruiz and my good friend Alex Lopez (creator of the platform).
Don't miss it: digitalselling.es.
Not bad, fifth action: Improve your social networks. It's a good time to put order and analyze the value we bring and convey.
For example: that picture you have in profile still with the dress of the first communion, it would be time to change it and update it, to catch up. And the same with your biography, your value proposition, analyze your keywords, Anyway, and everything related to contacts, networking.
Action 06: Improving our health from home
Here I propose to review a great TED video of Paula Fernández-Ochoa which he presented last year in TEDx Eixample. The video explains how to do a full exercise in just ten minutes and with very little space.
Paula had a red carpet barely a metre and a half in diameter, and with that he had to do a series of exercises that blew everyone away. Here's the video, that breaks the belief that you can't exercise from home:
Action 07: Subscribe to personal brand blogs
- First, as multi-author blogs collaborative authors have the Soymimarca, perhaps one of the most complete and with some solera
- Then you have the one Integra Personal Branding Mexico, which includes collaborations from Integra's own partners (among which I figure along with its founders, Nancy Vazquez And Alan Urbina) and many guests from the LATAM region.
- And you have the one More than Law, directed by Paula Fernández-Ochoa, where there are very interesting content from various authors.
Personal brand pioneer blogs
Although today we have many bloggers, starts this section with those who paved the way between 2005 And 2010 (And they're still there):
- Andrés Pérez Ortega: He started his blog in December 2004 with the post "Own brand project", and for many years it publishes twice a week.
- Neus Arqués: Although he's a blogger since 2005, started with the personal brand in 2008 with his first post .There are many Neus, But they're all in this one".
- Guillem Recolons: I started at 2007 the blog with Side Marketing: The pleasure of rereading Kotler Until 2009 I didn't treat the personal brand, and it was with the post."I have a dream, one of the best examples of storytelling" in 2008
- Arancha Ruiz: His blog is Crack Stories. Through archive.org I discovered his first post in September 2009 "Javier Sáez, tecchi manager"
- Paul Adam: His blog starts at 2010 with leadership as a star issue. His first post is "Marine Leadership" September 2010.
- Oscar Del Santo: Unfortunately his initial blog was lost in time. Meeting in archive.org the post "The secret of online positioningOctober 's 2010. Your current blog is oscardelsanto.net.
- Xavi Roca: His blog starts in November 2011 with the post "The leader who talks", very focused on his leadership specialty.
Mandatory blogs (in addition to the pioneers)
Many professionals have created their own style, their own methodology and their own way of communicating. I highlight the following:
- David Barreda. His blog is called Processes and learning, and it always ends with a song. David is a trainer, coach and personal brand expert.
- Eva Collado. The woman who was reinvented. His blog evacolladoduran.com it's a reference, just like his books on personal branding and digital transformation.
- Elena Arnaiz. Nearby language, direct and pipe. His blog elenaarnaiz.es it's a reference in psychology, talent and personal brand management. Pure talent and action.
- Francisco Warden. Although he is best known as an author and lecturer, your blog franciscoalcaide.com it's mandatory to follow up. His compilations are pure gold.
- Cláudio Inácio. I recently entered the personal brand from digital marketing, and has left its mark on claudioinacio.com for his direct style and his must-have guides.
- Branzai. It's pure branding, hand in hand with Ivan Diaz, but its commitment to the humanization of the brand makes branzai.com in a must-have.
- And of course, you have to follow yes or yes to Naomi Vico, Jordi Collell, Laura Chica, Alfonso Alcántara, Jane del Tronco, Nilton Navarro, Mireya Trias, Amalia Lopez Sidewalk, Fran Segarra, Paloma Grijota, Ami Bondia, Alicia Ro, Angels Anton, Ronald Durán, Raquel Roca, Colia Hil, Fabian Gonzalez, Carola Morató, Alicia Linares, Almudena Lobato, Ruben Montesinos, Enrique Cejudo, Marta Mouliaá, Alfredo Vela, Africa Lucena, Laura Ferrera…
America exists, and step hard
Of course, America exists. And in addition to existing, contribute more than you think to Personal Branding. In Brazil, Ilana Berenholc, Daniela Viek, Deize Andrade... In Colombia, Raquel Gomez, Johnny Durán, Hector Jimenez, Veronica Sanchez... In Venezuela, Ylse Roa, Fernando Rios, Yi Min Shum... In Peru, Ames Spray, Inés Temple... In Chile, Roberto Arancibia, Gabriel Patrizzi... In the Dominican Republic, Vladimir Estrada..
Action 08: Watch personal brand videos
Here I propose you to watch personal brand videos of all colors, of all typologies and all authors. And why? Because I propose you to go into Personal Branding Lab Day's YouTube channel, the personal brand congress.
And there we find more than a hundred videos of many authors and a lot of hours of video. So, it's hard you can't find content there that doesn't fit what you're looking for.
Action 09: Listen to podcast
Ninth action to do at home: listen to podcasts. When the screens have tired you, you can't read anymore, to see screens, the podcast is a good solution to be able to hear interesting things.
The truth is that in personal brand we have a subject pending there. We're not all authors yet in that podcast thing.. Let's hope this is resolved this year 2020.
One of the pioneers is Mireya Trias, to which I recommend you follow and be able to follow their podcasts. And also TED in Spanish, For example, interesting even if it's not strictly personal brand, you learn a lot and they help you change some interesting habits.
And then, in terms of platforms, you've got a lot of. You have from iVoox, Spotify, Apple's own iTunes, Anyway, would extend me, but the podcast is a format that's really hitting hard and it's going to stick even more.
Action 10: Watching movies at home
And last: watch movies at home. No more not letting us out., they don't let us go to the movies, the truth is that we have more options and platforms than ever to do it: Movistar, Orange, Vodafone, Yoigo, Netflix, Hbo, Disney, Apple TV, plus the DVDs we have at home, and besides some of those old VHS do you remember?
Well, there's a lot to see., mostly classics. In any case, there I leave you these recommendations. Ten actions you can do for your personal brand from home. If you can think of any more, I'll wait for you. Come, See you next week.
Stock Photos from Chendongshan / Shutterstock