Those who went through the pioneer and classic book “Marketing Manual” profile Philippe Kotler We can not pass up the chance to reread Kotler, this time from the hand of Fernando Trias de Bes in his “Lateral Marketing” (2004). I read it when it launched ago 3 O 4 years, but it is a treasure worth having on hand.
Why Lateral Marketing?
- Now there are products to suit all needs and the needs of customers are more than satisfied: are hipersatisfechas.
- Today, only one of each 10 sales promotions will get a higher rate of response 5%, while a few years ago this was the minimum that could be expected with any promotion.
- A normal citizen of a large urban area is exposed daily to an average of 2.000 advertising or communications stimuli, of which only a few can remember at the end of the day, hopefully!
- The success rate of new products has dropped dramatically over the past decade: only 20% survives a year in consumer goods.
- In 1975, US were recorded approximately 31.000 new patents, Meanwhile in 2000 that figure rose 300%. In countries like England or Germany, growth was more than one 600% in the same period.
- There is growing industries in reduced growth rates, what it is called "mature phase". In that case, no choice but to be able to create radical innovations.
- Your personal brand name: how do you want to be recognized?? - 13 April, 2019
- What's your best brand asset? - 6 April, 2019
- #ExecutiveBranding Three types of managers according to their visibility - 30 March, 2019
- Brief story of a week that could change the world - 24 March, 2019