We are a country of extremes, There's no doubt. We have spent to overcome the syndrome of Solomon to turn social media into personal success showcases canned. Windows of our best Personal Branding.
He "Solomon syndrome"Brings out our low self-esteem and almost sickening importance we place what they think the rest of us. And it makes us hide it and not jump to light our strengths for fear of breaking the status quo.
The showcase effect of our personal best
What is happening now is that the networks projected our best, our personal best, is a “Indeed showcase”. The windows show the best of each trade, and often when we we find a very different reality, worst, but real at the end of the.
True, people react better with positive news and negative images. With reaction I mean likes, comments… and that sometimes creates a Matrix environment, very distorted.
If I had to give one piece of advice to eventually let us not become spammers or a replica Mr Wonderful, give this:
We show more and let us show less
Post constantly self-portraits does not provide, tire. What really matters is that we provide valuable information, the negative-positive bone. Information that causes us a reaction, change.
If your personal or work life is not exciting, You do not need to disguise. Talk about another thing. That easy. I am getting daily requests “Ambitions” in social networks who can not turn their success” in a business model.
Overexposure is as negative as the infra-exposure. Returning to the metaphor of the showcase, it can not be greater than what is in Store.
Show our vulnerability is the opposite of showing our successful side. A priori. I come to mind a time when three nearby vulnerabilities became strengths:
- The CV error Johannes Haushofer, treated in this post BACc. Haushofer thought it was time to stop showing the window to also teach the backroom, so in his CV he included things like “I did not finish studies…” or “I did not get this note to aspire to such a university career…”.
- The advice he gave me my friend and coach Terry Mclean to reinforce a TED I gave in November 2016 about our Superpowers: show your vulnerabilities to connect with your audience: we all have, and Empathy is the best way to communicate.
- The incredible J Speech. K. Rowling Harvard University on 2008 talking about the benefits of failure. mandatory viewing.
Humanize is to connect
Our vulnerabilities make us human, They like to laugh at ourselves. Perhaps we should be more realistic and show both what fills us as what we empty. That's what is called show our human side. less showcase, menos Matrix, Welcome to the real world, that of our personal best.
- Personal Brand Diagnostics (4) Crystal - 28 March, 2020
- Personal Brand Diagnostics (3): Test 16 Personalities - 21 March, 2020
- 10 actions you can do for your personal brand from home - 15 March, 2020