We need feedback, It seems. I recently completed a consultation process personal brand with a singular professional. The truth is that I enjoyed enormously from this process, a case easy but with a very open person, resolute and researcher. One of the moments that caught my attention is that, to reach 5 -the sessions Ecuador consulting- I received an email with feedback of those sessions. Feedback that tasted glory, and not because it was all positive, but especially angles improvement that peeked in the process.
We need feedback, the key process
If the feedback (feedback) It is so important to measure the effectiveness of our strategy and our actions, Why we almost never receive? And what's worse Why we almost never ask?
Fear of giving feedback often appears to avoid conflicts
I do not like what you've done, But I do not want to fight with you, I callus me and not tell you again. This is the beginning of disaster, solitary confinement, The rupture.
We do not say things we
What we do not say we can hurt. True, a person with whom there is no trust must be careful, as giving feedback can become an interference type “and you, Who gave you sailing in this burial? So we need feedback, you have to give and receive between trusting relationships.
A post old friends Creative territory lists 7 Common mistakes when giving feedback:
- Trying individuals, not actions
- Speaking on behalf of other
- using generalizations, ambiguities
- Using vague messages, inconcretos
- Use threats or ironies
- Include own experiences
- Accompany the feedback of advice
- No permission (in this I do not agree)
Add some of the specialist Kristi Hedges (Forbes):
- Gild the pill. Go to rodeos, not to the point
- Unsuitability receptor feedback
- Focus only on positive feedback or negative
- Openly and: give public feedback
The other side is the person receiving the feedback, whose attitude will be key to determining whether there will be progress or frustration and stagnation. Our management You will be seen benefited del feedback, It will be the only way to know if we move enhancing the perceived as positive and modifying or eliminating perceived improvable. Either way, we need feedback, give and receive.
Feedback image by shutterstock.com
- When facts are imposed on such (good personal brand) - 29 November, 2019
- The impulse of social awareness and personal brand - 23 November, 2019
- Trends: 2020 trends - 16 November, 2019