It seems that the world is turning around influencers. I recognize that this word is being wasted, at least in my brain. I wanted to title this post: New influential people: brand ambassadors, but I'm sure it's less powerfull as "influencers".
If you have little time, here's a video-summary of less than a minute (in Spanish):
Are influencers in decline?
If you Google search the term "decline influencer”, headlines as succulent as these appear::
- Being spent is to influence the influencers both use (and “posturearla”)? From direct Marketing
- The influencers fraud has cost 12 million 2018 From Reason Why
- 3, 2, 1... He began the decline of the "Influencers" From Medium
- Is Instagram ending the influencers' effectiveness? From thelab
- The "influencers" are losing their "influence" From ID-Spain
- Brands and the decline of influencer trust From Branding Strategy Insider
- New report finds Instagram engagement rates are in decline From Social Media Today
- Social media influencers are so last season From Financial Times
All these sources agree that various studies warn of the decline of engagement in the publications of influencers with hundreds of thousands or millions of followers. The reasons are the saturation of the number of influencers, the tiredness of seeing the same advice repeated, the fact that many of the advice is insane, fake, absurd or irrelevant.
For example, the newspaper El Pais warned about the bad advice of 8 out of 9 health influencers, based on a study from the University of Glasgow.
Few are saved from burning: : micro-influencers rise
These are people who are not hired by any organisation and who give free and unconditional opinions about their experience as users of travel, fashion, health, cars, etc. with no further ambition.
The big influencers who have not "sold out" to the brands, are also kept at the top, although few remain. A good example is the youtuber Patry Jordan, who specialises in Fitness and DIY beauty advice (do it yourself). Patry Jordán has about 16 million subscribers between her different channels, and as she told me herself, the secret of success is that there are no brands recommended by her.
Emfluencers: the new influencers, internal brand ambassadors
I probably won't make a living as a creative. "As of"EM"from"Emfuencerscomes from "employees", and also, if you prefer, "ambassadors" or "ambassadors" “company”. Leaving the term aside, the truth is that in this blog I have been dealing with the power of internal brand ambassadors, those "of the house" for some time::
- 8 ventajas de ser embajador de marca en tu empresa (July 2017)
- Embajadores de marca ¿externos o internos? (September 2017)
- Crisis y embajadores de marca internos, un refuerzo de lujo (November 2017)
- ¿Quién es mejor portavoz, el empresario o su gente? (November 2017)
- La fuerza de los embajadores de marca internos (June 2018)
- Por qué la combinación de Employee Advocacy y Social Selling es imbatible para la empresa (January 2019)
- Los embajadores de marca de la casa: el puente de confianza -incluye ebook gratuito- (June 2019)
- Hola empresa ¿sabías que tu gente es tu marca? (June 2019)
Either everyone wins or no one wins
This is a general principle that applies to any action that is taken to stimulate the emfluencers: either everyone wins or no one wins. This type of programs are known as "Employee Advocacy", and also as "Employee Branding"Employee Advocacy programs”, and also as"Employee Branding”.
It's not about hiring one of many apps for employees to share corporate information. That would only generate advantages for the organization, but not for its professionals. And that has its start, but no follow-up. There has to be a balance of benefits and an organizational culture change mentality for this to work well.
Applications are an instrument at the service of a strategy, but without strategy it's an ephemeral essay. In the article La fuerza de los embajadores de marca internos I explain how to develop an Employee Advocacy programs. From the selection of participants, the necessary pre-work, the advantages for each other, facilitators and major return on investment figures.
Emfluencers, the most credible influencers
Finally, I invite you to think: who do you think offers the greatest confidence- - and therefore credibility - when explaining the characteristics of a given product or service?
- Large external influencers
- Satisfied user (Brand advocates)
- Technical experts who have created, tested and launched those products and services
Let me get ahead of your thinking. You're probably thinking about 3 and 4.
The brand advocate is one of the objects of the desire of organizations. Their only relationship with the brand is through the experience of use, and that's why they have so much value. They are not always easy to identify, that is why feedback is indispensable to identify them, and also the monitoring of social networks.
The technical expert, the N4, It is the perfect candidate to act as employee advocate, internal brand ambassador or emfluence. In companies, the most abundant person is the technical expert, that includes product or service developers, product and brand managers, communication specialists and, above all, the commercial network. They all know the products and services they deal with every day as if they were their own.
In any case, the technical expert is the professional over whom the organization has the most knowledge, proximity, and in a way, control. In my opinion, the Emfluencers Emfluencers are the new influencers, a role of greater value creation, trust, credibility, in, short lead generator.
If you want more information about Employee Advocacy programs, I invite you to download the free ebook "Employee Advocacy: The power of the brand ambassadors of the house " (in Spanish).
I subscribe to this blog and after confirming the subscription via email I will immediately receive the free download of the ebook "Employee Advocacy: The Power of in-House Brand Ambassadors" (in Spanish).”.
Stock Photos from VectorMine & Spirit Boom Cat / Shutterstock
- Personal Branding 2020 trends - 16 November, 2019
- The three digital activity stadiums of our personal brand, which one is yours? - 9 November, 2019
- Personal Branding and LinkedIn: made for each other - 2 November, 2019