It seems that the world revolves around influencers. I recognize that this word is being spent, at least in my brain. I wanted to headline this post: New influencers: brand ambassadors, but I'm sure he would have lost impact.
If you're short on time, here's a video-summary of less than a minute:
Are the influencers declining?
If you Google the term "decline influencer", headlines as succulent as these appear:
- Is influence being spent on influencers from using it so much (And “posture it”)? From Direct Marketing
- Influencer fraud has cost 12 millions in 2018 From Reason Why
- 3, 2, 1... The decline of the "Influencers" began From Medium
- Is Instagram killing the effectiveness of influencers? From thelab
- Influencers are losing their "influence" From ID-Spain
- Brands and the decline of influencer trust From Branding Strategy Insider
- New report finds Instagram engagement rates are in decline From Social Media Today
- Social media influencers are so last season From Financial Times
All of these sources agree that a number of studies warn of the decline in "engagement" in the publications of the influencers with hundreds of thousands or millions of followers. The reasons are the saturation of the number of influencers, tired of seeing repeated the same advice, the fact that many of the councils are insane, False, absurd or irrelevant.
For example, El País warned the bad advice of 8 of each 9 health influencers, based on a study from the University of Glasgow.
Few are saved from burning: raise the micro-influencers
These are people not hired by any organization who have a free and unde unconditional opinion on their experience as travel users, Fashion, Bless you, Cars, Etc. aimless to sit chair.
Also kept up the big influencers that have not "sold" to brands, although there are few left. A good example is the youtuber Patry Jordan, specialized in Fitness and DIY beauty tips (Do it yourself). Patry Jordan accumulates near 16 millions of subscribers among their various channels, and as she told me herself, the secret to success is that there are no brands recommended by her.
Emfluencers: the new influencers, internal brand ambassadors
I probably won't make a living as a creative. The "EM" thing of "Emfuencers" comes from "employees" or "employees", And also, if you prefer, "ambassadors" or “Company”. Leaving the term aside, the truth is that in this blog I've been dealing with the power of internal brand ambassadors, the "house" some time ago:
- 8 advantages of being a brand ambassador to your company (July 2017)
- Brand ambassadors external or internal? (September 2017)
- Crisis and internal brand ambassadors, a luxury booster (November 2017)
- Who's the best spokesman, the entrepreneur or his people? (November 2017)
- The strength of internal brand ambassadors (June 2018)
- Why the combination of Employee Advocacy and Social Selling is unbeatable for the company (January 2019)
- The brand ambassadors of the house: the trusted bridge - includes free ebook- (June 2019)
- Hello company did you know that your people are your brand? (June 2019)
Either they all win or nobody wins
This is a general principle that applies to any action that is taken to encourage emfluencers: either they all win or nobody wins. Such programs are known as "Employee Advocacy", and also like "Employee Branding".
It's not about hiring an app out of the many there are for employees to share corporate information. That would only generate advantages for the organization, but not for their professionals. And that's starting up., but don't follow up. There has to be a balance of benefits and a mentality of organizational cultural change for this to work well.
Applications are an instrument at the service of a strategy, but without a strategy it's an ephemeral essay. In the article referred to The strength of internal brand ambassadors I explain how to develop a program of Employee Advocacy. From the selection of participants, the necessary pre-work, the advantages for each other, requirements for facilitators and the main investment return figures.
Emfluencers, the most believable influencers
At last, I invite you to a reflection: Who do you think offers greater confidence - and therefore credibility- explaining the characteristics of a particular product or service?
- Big outside influencers
- Satisfied users (Brand advocates)
- Technical experts who have created, tested and launched those products and services
Let me get ahead of your thinking. You may think about the 3 and the 4.
The brand advocate is one of the objects of the desire of organizations. Its only relationship with the brand is through the experience of using, And that's why they have so much value. They're not always easy to identify, that's why the systems of Feedback are indispensable to locate them, and also social media monitoring.
The technical expert, the N4, is the perfect candidate to act as a employee advocate, internal brand ambassador or emfluencer. In companies, the most abundant figure is that of the technical expert, including product or service developers, product and brand managers, specialists in communication and, especially, the commercial network. They all know as their own the products and services they deal with every day.
In any case, the technical expert is the professional on which the organization has the most knowledge, Proximity, and in a way, Control. In my opinion, The Emfluencers are the new influencers, a role of greater value creation, Confidence, credibility and, in short, generator Leads.
If you want more information about the programs Employee Advocacy, I invite you to purchase the ebook "Employee Advocacy: The power of the house's brand ambassadors"
Stock Photos from VectorMine & Spirit Boom Cat / Shutterstock
- Personal Branding to Undertake, with Nancy Vazquez - 1 May, 2021
- 10 actions you can do for your personal brand from home (2021) - 26 April, 2021
- Personal Branding to improve on our work - 25 April, 2021