Despite their 20 years of existence aware, el Personal Branding, understood as the management of our personal brand, It is still unknown to many people and organizations.
I teach in formations are given a series of frequently recurring questions that often start either held beliefs or simply curiosity. I thought it was good idea to compile in several posts including responses (always in my humble opinion and based on my experience).
- Frequent questions (1)
- Personal Branding FAQ 1. Does this takes a long time? (that I do not have)
- Personal Branding FAQ 2. Is this for when I lost my job?
- Personal Branding FAQ 3. Of course, then is it to advertise my products and services?
- Personal Branding FAQ 4. A personal brand do you have, it is created, is constructed?
- Personal Branding FAQ 5. Why should I manage my personal brand?
Frequent questions (1)
Personal Branding FAQ 1. Does this takes a long time? (that I do not have)
Time is the great fear of humans. Few people are willing to accept to be removed to put. Remove what does not bring us to adopt what can help is a rare exercise, and healthy again.
Conscious and integral management of personal brand carries a certain first year of dedication. It's time to meet, know where we are , understand where we can get (personal strategy) and put things into question to make it known to the world (visibility).
Like any new discipline, until they became familiar with the mechanics spend time. If one is engaged in fund you can lay the groundwork in three months. If the commitment is lower, We would talk a year. And then? That's the best part, maintenance is a matter of a few hours a week, perhaps three.
Personal Branding FAQ 2. Is this for when I lost my job?
I guess the saying "everyone remembers Santa Barbara when it thunders" is familiar. Personal branding is a strategic competition, no tactics. If you have worked well your brand, you may never shine for you, and if it does, You have exit routes.
Answers a simple question: It's easier, look for work while you work or when you have no work? No more questions, Lordship.
Personal Branding FAQ 3. Of course, then is it to advertise my products and services?
Not quite. it is not about you. It is about creating value to your customer or stakeholder. If you have what they need to solve a problem or detect an opportunity, we are making progress.
Of course there will come a time when, after capturing the attention of your customers, you must explain how you contribute VALUE, and that can itself be a catalog of services or products.
It is about sharing insights and contents that have the ability to change the perception of your customers about something, provided through a powerful value proposition, relevant and differentiated (there is nothing).
Personal Branding FAQ 4. A personal brand do you have, it is created, is constructed?
Anglos often use the term build your personal brand (Build your personal brand). My personal opinion is that we are not brands (Sorry to contradict, Tom Peters), or create, We build or manufacture our personal brand. Personal brand, is as values, They not come standard but enrraizan from early childhood.
Leave a mark. leave mark. Everything leaves a brand, what we do and what we do, what we say and what we are silent. The key, and one of the important parts of personal branding, It is to know what that mark we leave on others. It is a principle of self-knowledge that will allow us then to know if that footprint we leave is aligned with our goals or not.
Summarizing this issue, brand and we are able to manage, maximize, boost personal brand, always after a process that includes a phase of self-knowledge and a strategy (where I am + where I want to go).
Personal Branding FAQ 5. Why should I manage my personal brand?
There are numerous reasons. Not long ago I published on this blog a post titled "23 reasons to get in value”. But being more synthetic, underlined the six main reasons for managing your brand:
- Control. If you do not control your, You are going to let others who do. Taking the reins is always advisable, and more in digital environments, where it is relatively easy handling.
- Value. Brand's Value, Brand value is. Our value proposition acts as a magnet that can attract stakeholders (interest groups) who have unresolved problems or opportunities for detecting, and that they are within our reach.
- Values. The value proposition alone may not be enough. Differentiate with relevance should be complemented with the help of our Superpowers, Our values, that make us closer to the project shall be settled in.
- Spokesmen. We are all ambassadors for one or more brands. If you work for someone else, the brand or brands represent an organization. If you are self-employed, You represent you or taught you created. It is a responsibility that requires learning and certain protocols.
- Find job, improve our position in an existing job or undertake. For any of these three facets, personal brand management is an essential ally.
- Ser option elected, preferential. It is a consequence of a process well managed brand, definitely, one of the objectives of personal branding.
I hope I have clarified doubts and concepts with this boot FAQ (1). I hope the coming weeks with the 15 other questions. Have a nice week!
FAQ Vector by shutterstock.com
- Three Key Values in Political Personal Branding, , or why trust fails - 21 September, 2019
- C'mon… What's going on in Spain with the seniors? - 14 September, 2019
- What would happen if companies were like human beings and human beings were like companies?? The World Upside Down - 7 September, 2019