Recall that markets are conversations (The Cluetrain Manifesto, 1999). And now, those conversations person-to-person, that dialogue, It is going to a visual platform.
If they say a picture is worth a thousand words, one picture accompanied labels (#hashtags) worth an empire. And that's what is happening with platforms like Instagram is (already owned by Facebook), Pinterest, Snapchat, and to a lesser extent Twitter and Facebook.
Networking conversation becomes visual because, among other things, synthesized images excellently concepts, if we add labels add nuance, and if we add the geolocation add places, the moments. The conversation becomes visual also because it is not necessary to reproduce literally in the world of bits we do in the real world, and We seek new languages that meet the new needs of immediacy (if you want, Call it lack of patience).
Someone will think that this is already invented video, but there is nothing synthetic and easy to interpret as a picture accompanied labels, requires only 10 seconds. Video is an excellent support, but the synthesis capacity is smaller and requires some connectivity to be seen in conditions.
From the standpoint of branding personal, visual conversation opens new Horizons, since many professionals who doubt their ability to write or star in a video testimonial can use this new support to strengthen his personal position / professional.
The phenomenon VISUAL THINKING finally finds the tools so that every human being can apply it in practice.
- Instagram is He has revolutionized the visual conversation thanks, above all, to use in mobile devices, which gives you an unprecedented immediacy conversation. It also allows easily tiquetar, geotag and share tickets on networks like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr and email them.
- Pinterest remains one of the most attractive for graphic interface, very comfortable and that allows you to group images into folders (boards) and share them on other networks and tag.
- The phenomenon Snapchat added elements Privacy the above: the post or posts just seconds are displayed, and then the trail disappears, resulting in, on the one hand that millions of "teens" have been released en masse to the network and, on the other hand, certain dangers. Dangers because as the image lasts a short time photos and videos are sent very committed (explicit content, OK?).
- As to Twitter and Facebook, both support image and labels. Twitter was the pioneer network labeling with #hashtags, and it has adapted to the visual thinking. Facebook, on the contrary, It has gone from a very visual format to suit the hashtag to generate broader talks.
In summary, If you have a strategy Personal positioning and between your skills is not writing or speaking, I welcome the visual conversation, a phenomenon that already has powerful tools that will grow and expand their effectiveness and quality parameters. If you do not have a personal positioning strategy, what are you waiting for…
- From influencers to influentials (a substantial change) - 6 December, 2019
- When facts are imposed on such (good personal brand) - 29 November, 2019
- The impulse of social conscience and personal brand - 23 November, 2019