Let's remember that markets are conversations (The Cluetrain Manifesto, 1999). And now, those person-to-person conversations, that dialogue, is moving to a visual platform.
If they say a picture is worth a thousand words, an image accompanied by labels (#Hashtags) it's worth an empire. And that's what's happening with platforms like Instagram (already owned by Facebook), Pinterest, Snapchat, and to a lesser extent with Twitter And Facebook.
Network conversation becomes visual because, among other things, images synthesize concepts excellently, if we add Tags we add the nuances, and if we add the Geolocation we add the places, the moments. The conversation also becomes visual because you don't need to reproduce literally in the world of bits what we do in the real world, And we're looking for new languages responding to new needs for immediacy (If you want, call it a lack of patience).
Someone will think that this is already invented video, but there is nothing more synthetic and quick to interpret as an image accompanied by labels, requires just 10 Seconds. Video is excellent support, but the synthesis capacity is lower and requires some connectivity to be seen in conditions.
From a personal branding, visual conversation opens up new horizons, because many professionals who doubt their ability to write or star in a testimonial video can use this new support to reinforce their personal positioning / Professional.
The phenomenon VISUAL THINKING finally finds the tools for every human being to apply in practice.
- Instagram has revolutionized visual conversation thanks, especially, its use in mobile devices, that gives you an unprecedented immediacy of conversation. It also allows easily tiquetar, geolocate and share entries on networks like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr and send them by Email.
- Pinterest continues to be one of the most attractive graphical interface, very comfortable and that allows you to group the images into folders (boards) and also share them on other networks and tag.
- The phenomenon Snapchat adds elements of Privacy to the above: posts or inputs are only displayed for a few seconds, And then the trail disappears, what gives rise, on the one hand that millions of "teens" have mass-launched to that network and, On the other hand, to certain dangers. Dangers because as the image lasts a short time, very committed photos and videos are sent (explicit content, Go).
- As for Twitter And Facebook, both support image and labels. Twitter was the pioneering network in tagging with its #hashtags, and has been adapting to visual thinking. Facebook, On the contrary, has gone from a very visual format to adapting to the hashtag to generate more wide- broad conversations.
In short, if you have a strategy personal positioning and among your skills is not writing or oratory, I welcome you to the visual conversation, a phenomenon that already has very powerful tools that will grow and expand its parameters of effectiveness and quality. If you don't have a personal positioning strategy, what you expect…
- The Manager and LinkedIn (Part 2 of the 3: Be) Activate the profile - 27 February, 2021
- 21 key issues you should know as a manager to survive worthily on LinkedIn (Part 1 of the 3: Be) - 20 February, 2021
- Infodemic: When confidence is left on the tightrope (Edelman Trust Barometer 2021) - 13 February, 2021