Years often start with purposes of new routines to improve our lives. But I think above that, we should make sense of it, sort of why or why a year before we create that list of ideas that we'll start the 1 January.
If you answer the question, what's the point of giving 2021? it will be easier for your new routines not to end 2 January (ironic mode ON).
If you're short on time, I'll summarize it in this video:
- Let's start by looking back: What's the point of the now extinct 2020?
- Step 1: Like the bolero, Bless you, Money and Love
- Step 2: Look for the referees
- Step 3: Decide if you go all out or get a DIY
- Extra bonus: What's the point of giving your life?
- Everything leaves a mark (the podcast)
Let's start by looking back: What's the point of the now extinct 2020?
It may be easier to start by looking at the recent past. Now that the year has passed 2020 what's the point you make?
Personally, the point I give you is: a year of learning, listening, discovery, to experience, patience, maturity, bites. I know, has also had its downside, You know, lack of hugs, human heat, a year of irreparable losses, of times when distance has been oblivion. But I propose to stick with what we will keep on the positive side.
And now, let's look at 2021:
Step 1: Like the bolero, Bless you, Money and Love
The idea is what's the point you want to give 2021 in each of these terms?
They say terms should be changed in order and written: Bless you, Love, Money. We accept it, let's not get off to a bad start to the year.
By health we understand those projects that will provide us with emotional and physical well-being. For love, those who will reconcile us with the people we carry in our hearts and who for pandemic reasons we have not been able to embrace in 2020. And for money, those projects that will help us pay for the other two.
Step 2: Look for the referees
To shape those projects, look for the referees, those who know about it and can help you. Investigate his publications, Videos, Podcasts, Books,… Find out what their customers say about them.
Finding referrals has two ways, the SEO route or the way of friends who can advise you. The second is more reliable, because a mindfulness specialist, For example, may be the best in your business but the worst in online positioning.
Step 3: Decide if you go all out or get a DIY
With regard to these benchmarks, if your wallet allows you to, contact them. Set clear goals, Deadlines, price and most importantly: when a consulting process ends the real party begins, the action plan, don't ever forget it.
If your wallet doesn't go through its best moments, get a DIY (Do It Yourself). Look for those benchmarks, follow their advice wherever they've been published, check with your circles, Ask Feedback.
The advantage of finding meaning for the next twelve months is that you have a horizon, you can give meaning to your actions, of some personal brand coherence.
Extra bonus: What's the point of giving your life?
If you're nonconformist and want to go further, you can seriously consider a purpose of life, a "for what" that makes sense of your life beyond a year. It's highly advisable. I did it in 2005 and my purpose, help draw futures, has been a beacon ever since.
To work the purpose I advise you these contents:
- What is the positive impact you want to leave on society? You got it? It's called purpose
- The drive of social awareness and personal branding
- Leadership, vulnerability and personal branding
- How we manage purpose overdose in the absence of PURPOSE
- The person as being unrepeatable
- TED Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Emmanuel Faber. HeC school year closing speech 2016
At this point, I wish you the best of successes in 2021, in health, love and money!
Stock Photos from Natalia Fedchenko / Shutterstock
Everything leaves a mark (the podcast)
So as not to miss the custom in the new year's purpose chapter, premiere podcast. I hope you like it.. It's called “Everything leaves a mark” and the goal is to expand the posts I post on this blog by adding in each article experiences and anecdotes related to each topic. The idea is that the chapters are close to the 20 Minutes.
At the moment they can be found in Ivoox, Spotify y Apple Podcast.
Here's the chapter that corresponds to this podcast:
- The Manager and LinkedIn (Part 2 of the 3: Be) Activate the profile - 27 February, 2021
- 21 key issues you should know as a manager to survive worthily on LinkedIn (Part 1 of the 3: Be) - 20 February, 2021
- Infodemic: When confidence is left on the tightrope (Edelman Trust Barometer 2021) - 13 February, 2021