A simple test to find work
Yes? Do you really want to find work? "Fucking once"? Well, let's go there.. I propose a very simple test to see if that "whore" is about to arrive or the rest of your life is going to happen in the swamp of unemployment.
- Do you still charge for unemployment?
- Are you clear on what excels?
- If yes, Have you told anyone?
- Do you know what you have a reputation among your friends?
- Have you worked before?
- If yes, Can someone who has worked with you recommend?
- How many hours do you spend a day looking for work?
- Do you know where you'd like to be in 5 Years?
- Do you know what your values are indispensable?
- Do you have any idea who you need to run your professional offer to?
- If you have it, have you searched the internet for information?
- Do you attend professional events, book presentations, Conferences?
- Are you continually training?
- Can you think of at least three reasons why someone should hire you?
- Have you thought about setting up your own business?
1.If you keep getting unemployed, it's important that you know you've become engrossed, you've gotten into the subsidy circle. We're going bad. I'm not liberal, but living off other people's aid encourages sofa policy. Don't wait for the grant to run out, every passing day you miss the opportunity to show the world that you'd rather heal than lie on a couch.
2.Being clear on what protrusal is an advantage. In a crowded world, excelting is not a luxury, it's a necessity. If you're not sure, ask it once and for all in your surroundings; no two drops of water are the same, and I play breakfast tomorrow that you know how to do something that not everyone dominates like you.
3.Know what the hell is about. But if you don't communicate you don't exist. Get your batteries on and work on your personal message and ways to make it visible. There are thousands, from the classics (Cv, ear mouth...) to digital (Blog, Linkedin...).
4.We all have a reputation for something: funny, technos, ligones, nerds, smarties, animals. If you've never asked, Do it now. You may be surprised to learn what everyone already knows... and maybe you'll spot an unknown ability.
5. If you've worked before, ask yourself urgently what happened, what you've learned, what the Failure. In a market like the US, it's not the only one in the US. The U.S. is often rejected from the entrepreneur who has not failed before. If you haven't worked before, you may have set the bar very high. Put it down, Fuck, the question is to start, and no one likes to hire a person who has 28 has the résumé blank.
6. I know, you're embarrassed to ask someone else to recommend you. Don't they ever ask you for favors.?. Believe it or not, a recommendation from a former colleague is worth gold, because when the editor plays its reputation. Let's go, I wouldn't think at all to recommend to someone who's not worth a position. The charity works are done in the NGO, but not with the things to eat.
7. How much? Only? Blessed God! That didn't get anywhere.!. If a standard job occupies 8 hours a day, ¿why don't you spend the same time looking for it? Take the test. I doubt that it will take longer than 15 days to find something interesting. Sometimes it's not just about talent, it's about effort.
8. Not knowing where you want to go in 5 years is normal. Just one 0,5% of mortals knows it. But the question is not ballad.. If you investigate a destination it will be easier for you to find a way. Consider two or three scenarios, try to visualize what will change and how you can offer value and solutions to find your market and your conversations (remember that markets are conversations). But the most important thing here is to understand what your dream is. If you know him, chase it.
9. Values. If you know them, I assure you they won't help you set the destination but yes the way you're going down the road. Whatever your values are, always includes authenticity in them, without them there is no map. If you don't know, I recommend you a visit to this Blog (thank you blog micumbre) where you can identify your principles among a list of 90.
10. We call it target audience, buyer person, Audience, Target, stakeholders… The name is not important, But are the ones that will take the chestnuts out of the fire, your customers. Defining it isn't always easy, tends to generalize “anyone can be my client” But this doesn't work, now it doesn't work. The key here is to understand which profiles of people or companies you will help with your activities and your value propositions.
11. You can learn a lot from your future customers on the Internet. If you're good at seekers (looking well is an art) you can find studies on consumer habits and buy, sociological definitions of behaviours, and a lot of things that can be of use to you. At this point it's worth giving him at least a couple of days (16H).
12 Already, this doesn't go with you. It will be shy, will be laziness, or you think all these events are paid. In any city of a certain size every day there are events of all kinds. Search the Internet, you could be 10 hours in a row a day jumping from act to act. These events offer the possibility to learn, meeting people, swapping cards … What? You don't have a card. ?, call your designer friend right now and have her prepare a, and fast!
13 The English have an extraordinary expression “excuses don't go”. No excuses are worth.. Today there are even free online courses from Harvard University or Stanford, the famous MOOC. But closer, in your own country, you'll find all kinds of training that can help you strengthen or acquire new skills. From languages to training in quantum physics. All. If you run through Spain, here's a Listing (thank you wwwhatsnew) of the 125 free online college courses that start in September.
14 The truth is, it doesn't matter if it's three or there are five, but the key is to find the elements that make you someone preferred, the ones that make you win an election. Think divergently, don't just look for the logical side; maybe your love of a sport can be a decisive element, or maybe the dominance of sudokus or Apalabrados. Try to find something that involves the differential factor, and if that “Something” it's emotional, Best. Soft or soft skills “Soft” are valued more than hard or hard “Hard”, don't forget. Inquiry here for more information.
15. El plan B. If Plan A doesn't work (to be signed), tab for you, Undertakes, starts with this idea you've probably had on more than one occasion and going. Explain to others, asks for opinions, works the business model and finds out what it costs to put it into practice, find out what aids are available for this project, And … Launch, I assure you from experience that there's nothing like working for yourself, with partners but no hierarchies. It's an adventure, But, and what is life if you don't?. The book “Branding OFF ON” of the Andy Stalman tells us about Israel as one of the cradle of entrepreneurs on the planet. Continued tension seems to foster an economic culture based on bravery.
What! You think it's complicated.? Well, that's it., neither more nor less, work your person brandL. You can do it alone, following - or not- these tips or you can seek help from professionals, there are. Let's go, get up off the couch, the world is waiting for you out there.
This blog articles that can help you find work (or better, that the job will find you)
- On the need to work our Purpose: What is the positive impact you want to leave on society? You got it? It's called purpose
- On the convenience of personal branding as a Strategy: In personal brand management, Strategy 1 – Tools 0
- On the key to being chosen: The value proposition: Value Proposal: you know what yours is?
- On opportunities for the elderly, The séniors: Senior? Are you afraid of digital jumping?
- On the way start over after a pothole: Starting from scratch after a bump... impossible task?
- On how to get started with the first job: In-experience young people are wanted (although well prepared)
- About the relevance of our values in the labour market: Value and Values, the heart of the personal brand
- On the need to ask for feedback to know what brand you leave: Want to know what your personal brand is? Ask for feedback!
- On ideas to overcome a very common surname: name Garcia (Ⅰ) The name of the name Garcia II The name of garcia III
Convinced that everything leaves a mark, I help companies better connect with their stakeholders through personal branding programs (personal brand management) and employee advocacy (programs of branded internal ambassadors).
Socio of Soymimarca's Integra Personal Branding, Brand Directory of Omnia Branding, I also collaborate with Ponte en Valor, Brandergizers, MoreThanLaw, Noema Consulting and Quifer Consultores.
I participate in various programs at IESE, ISDI and EAE, among others. Collegiate advertising, Master in Marketing. Humanities Degree Student.
My advertising DNA comes from 20 years in agencies: Time/BBDO, J.W.T., Bassat Ogilvy, Saatchi & Saatchi, Altraforma and TVLowCost among others.