I know (fairly good) a guy who's bio on Twitter, Instagram is…
Shoeshine of the XXI century. I love, helping other people to shine
We are not the key. The key is to add value to others
Although the expression “Personal Branding” and also “Personal Personal” may indicate otherwise, this is not about us… contradictory? Isn't it?. A person has value based on what he brings to others, to adding value to others, whether customers, contributors, friends, etc.
If we are willing to invest a good sum of money for an art masterpiece, it is because for us has value. It is an intimate relationship, as may other people do not have it at all.
Personal Branding is about adding value, not about self-selling
I liked an article by my colleague Marco Tomasone called 10 Symptoms of ego branding, published on the blog Integra Personal Branding. In the post, Marco perfectly defines the symptoms “of the ego Brander”. If I had to summarize them into one, I would say this profile (very common on and off the web) it's about self-selling.
Do you recognize any profile of those who have thousands of followers and they don't follow anyone?? They are ego branders. They only care about them, they don't give a shit about the rest of the world..
Any personal branding strategy should aim to solve problems and identify opportunities to our stakeholders (stakeholders). Whether customers, providers, superiors, colleagues, shareholders…
Dan Pink made it clear in a comic
The writer Daniel Pink, Author, among others, from best seller A whole new mind, published the comic The adventures of Johnny Bunko. One chapter of the comic (highly recommended, by the way) is called It’s not about you (no se trata de ti). Pink is the need to project our personal brand to the value we can add to the other.
This is not a spirit of service, it's about making our environment grow, improve, improve, shine.
If you help others shine, the reflection will make you shine
True, the word “Personal” confuses us
I don't blame those who may think that personal branding, understood as the management of our personal brand, it's about us. Every week I read articles against personal brand of authors who have not bothered to read a book. The reality is that the word brand and its process, branding, always involve adding value. I often say that with no value there's no brand..
If you get to this blog for the first time and did not know that personal brand is not personal, sorry for the confusion. Stay with an idea: personal brand is what we project in others, personal branding is analyzing how we add value to others.
This week has taken place the 2nd edition of Espacio Knowmads, in Cadiz, the # EKCadiz18. Following the success of the first edition in Huelva in May 2018, the creator and promoter of the initiative, David Barreda, and the main sponsor, This is Cajasol Foundation, are replicating the event in other cities.
The cover photo is a view of the bay of Cadiz in all its glory. Now the event moved to Granada, where David is joining us again. In addition to Eva Collado, Andrés Pérez Ortega, Elena Arnaiz, David himself and I, this time we will have two very special guests as Sonia Rodriguez Muriel and Azahara G. Peralta. And the co-sponsorship Fundación Caja Granada. The #EKGranada being held on 20 November.
- 5, 6 and 7, Sao Paulo, Brazil. Workshop BRAVE, I teach with Ilana Berenholc and Reinaldo Campos. registration here.
- 9, 10 and 11, Puebla, Mexico. Personal Branding Experience #PBEX. registration here
- 20. Granada. Knowmads space. registration (free) here.
- 23. Business Forum Murcia. days directives. Conference on Personal Branding and Values. Information and Registration on this link.
- 28. Something interesting happen in Zaragoza. I can not say more. Stay tuned.
- 29, 30. Workshop Personal Brand and Relationship Management. Ferrovial, Euroforum II in San Lorenzo del Escorial. You can follow the hashtag #MarcaPersonalSumma
- Personal Brand Diagnostics (4) Crystal - 28 March, 2020
- Personal Brand Diagnostics (3): Test 16 Personalities - 21 March, 2020
- 10 actions you can do for your personal brand from home - 15 March, 2020