Busting and DAFO series that began with How weaken our weaknesses and he followed with How fortifying our strengths and with Do you threaten me? fair, Today it's time to conclude the dream of this model of self-knowledge: the opportunities we can emerge from outside.
One of the major difficulties posed opportunities is detectarlas. And after completing that process we analyze, If we see viable model must include in our personal brand and then prepares a launch in beta mode result.
Time will tell whether the detected chance worth, but let's be kind to ourselves: many have no place in the market.
Quarterback blog Javier Mejías few years ago published a post that in my opinion- remains in force regarding 10 Keys for opportunities. I advise reading, but here's a summary:
- Find bad or very well served customers served. Both assumptions can be an inspiration.
- Search market inefficiencies. For example, price comparators insurance or hotels, the poor customer service telephone operators ...
- Find new demographic segments or Mercado. A good example here would be the increase in the senior population.
- Search unresolved frustrations. This fits perfectly the case of Viagra or its competitors.
- New technologies or products. For example, the yacht (Internet of things), ecological batteries to replace fossil fuels ...
- New legislation or policies. Liberalization of a sector, the removal of barriers to exports,…
- Changes in the cost structure. For example, Cloud storage has brought a significant drop in costs.
- Ability to remove traditional barriers. Here it refers to question those things that are just like that, without further ado.
- Find incorrect competitive variables in saturated markets. The example is insulin, where companies were concerned about the purity and price users.
- Find things that work in other countries. Not everything here works there or from there it works here. But the case of churros in China, or Halloween in Spain are exceptions.
It's time to analyze whether any of the opportunities arising from the above points have a viable business. Does anyone else does? The idea is relevant? Do I need funding to get it started? Are there patents? Is the demand would be elastic or inelastic price? ¿Local, national, world?
This period takes time, but also agility. This is not to fall into that of "paralysis by analysis". Perhaps the time factor is critical to ensure the successful launch, but above all the continuity.
Include opportunities in our model personal brand
A model as Business Model Canvas It can be useful for analyzing non-economic variables of the business:
- The value proposition. It's what makes our idea is more difficult to imitate, shielding value that is given by a succession of attributes that together build a single whole. You should begin with the phrase "I am the only person who ...".
- Top members. No brand model without key partners. Who will help us to better reach our future customers, contributors, shareholders…? It is worth remembering that it is easier to reach our stakeholders via a friend, socio, classmate, that door cold.
- customers. Who are they? Where are they? Are they from a single sale (a house) or repetitive sale (a restaurant)? What value can we bring them to justify a higher price?
- Activities. How do we define our offer? What through what actions we build the value proposition? What problems solved?
- key resources. Do we need research? Do our competences -hard and soft- They are sufficient to ensure that nothing escapes us? Do we need funding? ¿We need multi-language? Do we need patents?
- Roles. What kind of relationship we will establish with our customers? ¿Long or short term? Personal assistance? Self-service? ¿Training, mentoring, coaching, consulting? ? transactions?
- Canales. What through what channels will meet our new proposal? How these channels are integrated? What costs represent time and resources?
- investment needed. What we will to put this up?
- expected revenue. What we get?
Go for it: launch the idea supported at that time
With the brand model will be possible to generate an action plan. It's the moment, It's the place, This is our chance seeing the light. Now only it remains a necessary component for success: maximum motivation and enthusiasm.