How can the professional who takes a step forward, that has success, managing the envy of others?
- Act guided by our personal values, not wanting to like everyone. Recall that Gandhi had many friends as detractors, and Donald Trump. An over-performance to try to satisfy everyone can backfire and generate false future expectations.
- If success has been involving a team of people, we thank personally and publicly. From a business, for example, internal communication channels and external media as social and professional networks. Try a personal success as a result of a collective effort can help convey the idea that this is a collective success.
- If this is an improvement in the professional category, manage as a co-branding three brands, own, the people who make up the closest team and brand of the organization. Take with a dose of humility. For example, a professional network like Linkedin, in drafting the change of professional category, disable notifications. Thus appear in the timeline avoid all contacts with change. In the professional holder, take to write a value proposition, no charge, including the team and the brand. For example, Imagine someone responsible promoted diversification. In that case we could write something like “Creating opportunities for growth in new markets with the unbeatable team (The company Brand) XXXX”.
- To have careful what is published in the most personal networks, like Facebook Instagram. They are the ones that can arouse greater rumors and envies. Adopt minimalism could be a good technique, and in this regard, less is more; not overdo communication success or expect someone else to do it would be appropriate.
- Hybrid networks like Twitter, a type of cross-project leadership, based on community support, It's appropriate. For example, not appear in a photograph solo, better people.
- If you have your own blog, we have the opportunity build a storytelling about the company, brands, achievements, equipment, view, act as a true brand ambassador, a transmitter public trust with greater power than advertising or PR. This same, social networks prevail soon, It is difficult to manage. In the absence of own blog, there Press, Linkedin blog. In such a case it would be interesting to validate the content with a colleague, superior or friend before publishing to avoid hurting susceptibilities.
- By last, do none of the above if it violates the values personal, although I prefer to understand that if it is a deserved success, the above recommendations will not be as something unnatural.
He says the saying that envy follows merit as the shadow follows the body. Have a nice week!
Image by shutterstock.com